Rug Cleaning with Well Water

HydroDude

Name
JB
As soon everything is organized I need to set up my Rug Pit...besides adding a water softner what other steps could I take cleaning rugs with well water??? :?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Get the biggest whole house filter you can. The bigger the filter the less you will have to change it.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Water is very mineral-laden in my neck of the woods. Especially well water. Whole-house sediment filter before water softener does the job here.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Check your geographic and average rainfall.. but in this situation you may be able to benefit from a rain water washing program. I would also advise an RO WATER system as well. You can hook up a system and have it fill a 3-400 gallon tank on site and feed off that to fill your truck as well as use for washing.

Problems with well water: Higher iron and mineral depostis besides other naturally occuring minerals specific to your area.. This can clog up screens and filters on equipment, clog up heat exchangers in a hurry, force you to use more chemicals because half of the chemical is trying to attack the "soil" in the water instead of in the carpet/rug. And you'll have to worry about rust tinting if you have heavy iron levels.

John Buxton

Have your water tested from an outside spicket that does not go through the softener. That will determine what you need. I have to use a softener and a iron filter. RO would be nice but too pricey for me. I rent an iron filter and own the softener so I had it set up so the iron filter gets the water first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom