Rug dr. Your kidding me!

C&S

Name
Scott
I agree. charge more..
because a lot of the time I have to add defoamer to my tank and rinse the ever living crap out of the carpet. its takes longer, and costs more.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
At least we all know that the Rug Doctor machine is not the problem. It is the amateurs using them that is the problem. The Rug Doctor has a platinum rating from the Carpet and Rug Institute.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
A Turd could be Platinum rated w enough money.

Seriously,
did you not see the thread w over 400 views?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
The reason the other side of the room was so dirty is that she just rented a rug doctor two weeks ago and it's already that dirty again.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Believe it or not but Grant from down under actually uses a BISSEL copycat of a rugdoctor to "professionally " clean carpet.

And he posts here.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Believe it or not but Grant from down under actually uses a BISSEL copycat of a rugdoctor to "professionally " clean carpet.

And he posts here.

I actually had the pleasure of meeting GCCLee properly the other day in a different thread and put up some info about my process and hardware along with a few example pics.

Seems a pretty clever guy, and like many supportive too. Good bunch of people here.

Grant

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

And he posts here.

Grants videos are proof positive that when it comes to results that it is all about the man and not the machine. :yoda::headbang:

Mikey P

Administrator
My tech is loving the "Grant effect"...

Did a beach house yesterday where he filled 3 Kirby bags with sand

He really enjoyed seeing the sand vibrating up a few inches in front of the head and refused to stop until he got it all, an hour later.

That is a great ad though.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
In the states a rug doctor just has more prestige when you bring it into a house than a common day Bissel.

I picked my rug doctor up at wal-mart for $450 and use it daily.

People love the name recognition when they see my machine.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
G'day Jimmy.

The Bisell I use isn't available in Australia so I can relate to what you are talking about.

I think Rug Doctor should move away from the reciprocating brush bar to the rotary agitator setup. Seems to be providing significantly better agitation and makes up for the lack of water pressure a lot.

What chems do you use with your machine Jimmy?

I'm pleased you and your guys dig the Kirby Mike. That is a lot of sand. I think 4Kg in a single room was my record. That place was nasty.

Grant

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well Grant I took my everyday "Professional" version of the rugdoctor and ripped out the tiny vac motor and put in a nice 3 stage vac.

And I use Odoban carpet extractor chems from Home Depot.

People ask me all the time if I will rent them my machine and I just laugh and say "No mam it says right here on the label......PROFESSIONAL"

The rug doctor is small enough that I use my wife's little Fiat 500 to haul it around.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Well Grant I took my everyday "Professional" version of the rugdoctor and ripped out the tiny vac motor and put in a nice 3 stage vac.

And I use Odoban carpet extractor chems from Home Depot.

People ask me all the time if I will rent them my machine and I just laugh and say "No mam it says right here on the label......PROFESSIONAL"

The rug doctor is small enough that I use my wife's little Fiat 500 to haul it around.
I'll play along.......

We use a VE Commodore.

Grant

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Probably still left a bag and half of sand in the carpet :icon_cool:
I got about 4kg from a square yard once

The Rug Dr advertises you can "clean just like a professional"
The biggest challenge is, They aren't a professional.

Home unit and rental cleaned carpets are the hardest to clean. The soil gets really embedded and stuck in with all that soap

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
QUOTE=Ron Werner;4252332]Probably still left a bag and half of sand in the carpet :icon_cool:
I got about 4kg from a square yard once

The Rug Dr advertises you can "clean just like a professional"
The biggest challenge is, They aren't a professional.

Home unit and rental cleaned carpets are the hardest to clean. The soil gets really embedded and stuck in with all that soap[/QUOTE]

It was a 25m2 nylon and I did dry extraction until I just couldn't get any more heavy soil out. There was more in there but beyond the quantity removed wet cleaning was required to permit the pile to shed the remainder. Carpet looked completely different when I was finished. Client's girlfriend cried, that was new.

Grant

Reactions: GCCLee

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
yep, been there. Glad to know others are doing it. When the carpet looks totally different after vacuuming, you KNOW they are going to be happy!!

Ron when I get done vacuuming sometimes I will point out to the client that the carpet was only vacuumed and how good it looks with just vacuuming. At the same time I give a few quick pointers such as how to know the direction a vacuum should be used with how the pile lays and also the speed of vacuuming. The reason I do this is for shock treatment on educating them on the importance of proper vacuuming.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The Rug Doctor is a good machine and IN THE HANDS OF A PROFFESIONAL will clean as advertised . BUT BUT BUT I see the Rug Doctors advertising and sales promotion to the home owner as being very Misleading and Deceitful. A fine example is the staged carpet cleaning commercial in the video on the top of this page. Another example is that a home owner or non professional carpet cleaner will never come close to getting the results that this machine is capable of and this is what they are promoting.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I am just shocked!

That was almost logical coming from u : )

Gee thanks :oldrolleyes: I guess I would have gotten more points if I would have started that post with (((( NOT THAT A PROFFESIONAL CARPET CLEANER WOULD EVER USE A rug doctor TO CLEAN CARPET WITH. )))) Which is true.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Gee thanks :oldrolleyes: I guess I would have gotten more points if I would have started that post with (((( NOT THAT A PROFFESIONAL CARPET CLEANER WOULD EVER USE A rug doctor TO CLEAN CARPET WITH. )))) Which is true.

U been pickin weeds again?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Using a sebo CRB for agitation coupled with a prevac by a Bissel Pet hair powerforce vac there is nothing you can't clean.

And with my powerful upgraded vac to the Rug Doctor it could well be the best combo for cleaning carpet for the professional.

Simple to use and lite weight for portability.

But make sure and use LOW FOAMING cleaners so you don't over load the vac and have foam spitting out everywhere!

Ask me I should know!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Using a sebo CRB for agitation coupled with a prevac by a Bissel Pet hair powerforce vac there is nothing you can't clean.

And with my powerful upgraded vac to the Rug Doctor it could well be the best combo for cleaning carpet for the professional.

Simple to use and lite weight for portability.

But make sure and use LOW FOAMING cleaners so you don't over load the vac and have foam spitting out everywhere!

Ask me I should know!
I've been telling everyone for years you were a hack. :rockon:

You're dead to me James, don't call me anymore asking "Sir Richard how do I do this? & How do I do that..." NO MAS!

:winky:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Reeko you and that Shane guy have to get with the times!

You old timers are so stuck in the past and refuse to see other ways of doing things.

Just as encapsulation is the new SHAMPOO and so is the future of HWE aka steam cleaning!

And just look at the trend of those sapphire truck mounts, small and lean!

The future of carpet cleaning is here and it is the small Bissels and professional series of Rug Doctors.

Back
Top Bottom