Rug gurus's

dgargan

Sometime ago someone posted a video of a rug with some dye bleeding. They sprayed some magic potion on it and it would disappear . Where can us mere mortals get this stuff?

Ron K

According to some you can spray just about anything on a Rug and it turns to GREEN.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Do you have a specific bleed problem or just looking for that product? I remember Tom Monahan posting a video about it as I recall?

There is no single pixie dust solution for all color run.

dgargan

I picked up a rug from a customer that had it folded up in the garage. It's wool karastan and it got slightly wet and some black dye ran into some of the beige area

Name
steve snail
Might look into Masterblends, Magic dye and stain remover. Have personally seen it remove dye bleed from wool rugs, test test test test test. Fortunately it's a Karastan, not much at stake here, none the less, have the customer sign off on it and go to school on it.

namaste

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Randy,
How do you handle color bleeds..I have seen where you can re enact the situation that led to the bleed in the first place to remove it. Also I have seen where if its very severe and cant get it off then they use chalk and then spray some shit on there to make it bind to the fiber..thats the best solution that I have seen. Im interested..and I super respect your rug gangsta..
Thanks,

Jarred

rhyde

Name
rhyde
with the Karastan i'd use 60% hot (as hot as you can get it ) water /20% ammonia /20% denatured alcohol flood the color run spot and extract with a hand tool.

Do this before you wash the rug about half the time this alone will remove the color bleed then if needed a reducer the master blend stuff works OK.

Bob Foster

Great tip Randy. Is the very hot water not a concern for causing further bleeding?

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
rhyde said:
with the Karastan i'd use 60% hot (as hot as you can get it ) water /20% ammonia /20% denatured alcohol flood the color run spot and extract with a hand tool.

Do this before you wash the rug about half the time this alone will remove the color bleed then if needed a reducer the master blend stuff works OK.

What would you do if it was not a karastan? also, your answer does not give much credibility to masterblend
products, what do you recomend?

P.S. Lisa does not approve of hot water, why is it that you do not mind?
Thank You
Luis

rhyde

Name
rhyde
It depends on the rug ? If all you have is a hammer then every solution is a nail. Hot water is just another tool I have a 60 gallon hot water tank at the end of my wash floor we use it often not for everything.

I use two Master blend products fringe cleaner/bleach and dye remover. The dye remover can be too aggressive it’s not for everything other products include yellow go, strepeen, sodium metabisulfite all are different products not really equal. Hammering the shit out of a dye bleed area with a reducer often doesn't work out as well as lifting some or in a % all the dye bleed with hot water, ammonia, alcohol, detergent AND THEN if needed spotting with a weaker reducer?

I guess the X-perts aint not teaching this in skool?

John Watson

Ernie David of AmeriColor, Taught me how to use his product CR-3 with the hose of a wallpaper steamer and have had excelent results. In fact I did a demo of it at the winterfest in fresno the year before the first mikey feast.

A few of you might want to add this to your file of people and products to go to when you need help...

Americolor Corporation
P.O. Box 1065
24600 NE Highway 240
Newberg, OR 97132
Phone - (800) 445-5143
FAX - (503) 554-9351
Americolor Carpet Dye Chemicals

DYE SET-PENETRANT (1 qt. - $11.95, 1 gal. - $26.95) - Formulated to duplicate the dyeing process in commercial carpet mills. Contains wetting agents, leveling agents and low temperature dyeing agents for maximum penetration, leveling and exhausting of dye bath. Can be used with all types and brands of carpet dye, under acid or alkaline conditions, and with spray or rotary dyeing systems. Reduces existing dye costs and labor costs by 30-50%. One gallon of Dye Set-Penetrant makes 256 gallons of pre-spray or dye bath. Required for all powder dyes, nylon, wool, and stain-resist carpets.

pH STABILIZER (1 qt. - $10.95, 1 lb. - $24.95, 1 gal. - $25.95) - An excellent dyeing aid for nylon, wool and stainblocker fibers with high pH levels, as well as dyeing applications that require cleaning compounds in the dye mixture. Lowers the pH of the dye bath and carpet fibers, stabilizes it at a pH of 4-6 for nylon and wool, or 2-3 for stain-resist fibers to ensure maximum effectiveness of the dye. Should be used for all color cleaning and stainblocker applications. One ounce of pH Stabilizer will lower 1 gallon dye bath by 2-3 pH points. Packed in liquid and powder. 1 lb. powder makes 1 gallon liquid concentrate, also.

WALL CLEANER (1 qt. - $11.95, 1 gal. - $26.95) - Removes dye from walls, floors and equipment without affecting dye that has already been absorbed in the carpet fibers. Contains no chlorine or harsh cleaning agents.

BLEACH NEUTRALIZER (1 qt. - $10.95, 1 lb. - $24.95, 1 gal. - $25.95) - Neutralizes chlorine bleach on contact and stops its chemical reaction with carpet fibers and carpet dyes. Should be used any time a bleach spot is redyed. One gallon will treat hundreds of spots. Packed in liquid and powder. 1 lb. powder makes 1 gal. concentrate. Concentrate can be diluted 1:1 with water.

CR-2 COLOR AND STAIN REMOVER (4 oz. - $10.00, 1 lb. - $26.00) - Removes unwanted color and stains from carpets and fabrics in seconds. Lightens or removes impossible stains like furniture stains, Kool-Aid, red wine, grass, chocolate, brown stains, food coloring and spilled carpet dyes. Does not damage fibers texture or ability to be redyed (if required). Contains no acid, bleach or oxidizing agents. Requires steam and ammonia to complete the application. One large bottle makes 2 gal. of liquid CR-2.

KOOL AID AND FOOD STAIN REMOVER (Substitute for "Red Out") (1 qt. - $15.95,1 gal. - $29.95) - Removes Kool Aid, food stains, and fresh dye in seconds, without affecting the original dye in the carpet or fabric. Has no bad odor and requires no special experience or knowledge to use. Requires steam to complete application. Use this product first, then add CR-2 to mixture for stubborn stains. Also removes hair dye.

OXYGEN BLEACH (5 lb. - $32.00) - Specially formulated for carpet and fabric fibers to break down heavy grease and soil deposits. Eliminates yellowing and brown-out problems and improves brightness of permanent colors in carpets and fabrics. Will not bleach out permanent colors or harm carpets or fabrics that are colorfast and can be washed with water-based cleaners. Use as pre-treatment or in cleaning solution at the rate of 1-2 tablespoons per gallon Two tablespoons in 1 gal. water has same oxygen release as 40% peroxide. Also an excellent odor remover.

LO FOAM EXTRACTION POWDER (5 lb. - $20.95, 40 lb. pail - $110.00) - A special blend of sophisticated surfactants, wetting agents, anti-soiling agents, optical brighteners, pH buffers, water softeners, and fragrance. For a fraction of the cost, this powdered formula will out-perform any comparable product on the market. It can be used in portables, truck mounts and rotary scrubbers (1 tablespoon per gal.), and is safe to use on 5th Generation carpets and upholstery fabrics.

LIQUID STEAM CLEANER ( 1 gal. - $20.95, 5 gal. pail - $99.95)- A special formula of low pH, fast drying, high tech surfactants, optical brighteners and wetting agents that safely clean all types of carpets and upholstery rapidly and efficiently without complications, such as brown-out, over wetting, residue, etc. This product can be applied with a portable, truck mount, or rotary scrubber, and it requires no rinsing. Safe to use on 5th Generation carpets. One gallon makes 128-256 gal. cleaning solution.

DYE FIX (1 gal. - $26.00) - A unique formula of chemicals that lock all dyes into the carpet fibers and greatly reduce loss of dye from water and washing activities. Prevents and stops dye bleeds and migration of dye. Can be used on all washable textiles. Two folmulas - Nylon/wool or cotton/rayon. Dilute 1:3. Permanently fixes dye.

CR-3 OXIDIZER (1 lb. - $26.00) - Special oxidizer with zince removes fugitive dyes and Kool-Aid with ease. Excellent for removing dye bleeds on orientals, area rugs and upholstery. Requires use of acetic acid or white vinegar, plus steam to work properly. Works great. Over 2000 containers sold so far.

CARPET & UPHOLSTERY SPOTTER WITH DEODORIZER (1 gal. - $24.95) - Dissolves adhesives, make-up, wax, crayon, gum, ballpoint ink, varnish, shoe polish, tar and lipstick. Removes coffee and tea stains, plus pet urine and odors. Safe to use on all colorfast materials. Contains powerful deodorizer to deodorize as it cleans.

ODOR-OUT DEODORIZER (Super Concentrate: 1 pt. - $21.95, 1 gal. - $99.00; Regular Concentrate: 1 gal. - $28.00) - Destroys most organic odors on contact. It is a non-volatile, anionic deodorizer that has no noticeable odor or color and is safe to use around humans and pets, and on all washable surfaces, including 5th Generation carpets. Packed in 1 pt. containers of super concentrate (makes 2 1/2 gal.) and 1 gal. containers of concentrate (makes 5 gal.). Each order includes a detailed userís manual, which gives mixing instructions and application procedures for 40 different types of odor problems. Guaranteed to be the most effective deodorizer on the market.

SNOW WHITE ADDITIVE ( 1 qt. - $10.95, 1 gal. - $26.00) - Concentrated whitening agent specially engineered for white and off-white carpets and fabrics. Hides yellowing and graying. Intensifies ultra-violet light rays to give a bright blue-white appearance. Can be mixed with cleaning solution or water and applied as a topical spray. One gallon makes 64 to 128 gallons of brightener. Safe to use on all fabrics and carpets, including 5th Generation carpets.

NEUTRAL COLOR (20 oz. - $23.95, 5 lbs. - $89.95) - Concentrated optical brightener specially engineered for colored carpets and fabrics. Intensifies ultra-violet light rays to make all colors much brighter in appearance. Can be mixed with cleaning and dyeing solutions or water and applied as a topical spray. One pound makes 160 gallons brightener. Used in all textiles when they are dyed. Safe on all colors and fabrics and carpets. This is the only source of white on the market. Used by carpet mills to make white nylon carpet.

CHLORINE TEST KIT ($20.00) - Designed to identify the presence of chlorine in bleach spots, cleaning agents, etc. Indicator solution turns shades of yellow and orange, ranging from very light to dark rust as the amount of chlorine is detected. Ideal for testing bleach spots that have been treated with bleach neutralizer, and testing cleaning chemicals or the effectiveness of other bleach neutralizers. Same kit used to identify oxidizing agents such as peroxide, benzal peroxide, oxygen bleach, etc. Indicator solution turns turquoise blue in presence of oxidizers.

FIBER I.D. TEST KIT ($20.00) - The only scientific test for identifying nylon, wool, and stain-resist carpets. Dissolves nylon fibers on contact. Kit includes three different tests, lighter, clip and instructions for doing burn tests.

pH INDICATOR PAPER ($13.95) - Measures pH levels from 0-13. Two roll pack with color chart.

REFILLS FOR SPOT DYEING KITS - Dyes, Dye-Set Penetrant, pH Stabilizer and Bleach Neutralizer refills are $10.00 each. CR-2 Color and Stain Remover and CR-3 Oxidizer refills are $10.00 each.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom