rug restoration question

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We got a small rug in from an old folks community where the houskeeping department got a couple rugs from their residents and washed them together in a large washing machine....

One of the rugs bled out and left this rug nice and pink...it should be an ivory color.

Silk. Or very fine cotton. I haven't tested it yet. It feels cold to the hand upon touching it so it kinda indicates it being silk.

Question: can it be just flushed in an acidic rinse or is the rug ruined? I don't think they wana pay for a dye stain removal process that could help...if we did it inch by inch.View attachment 1175View attachment 1176

Mikey P

Administrator
Take it over to Lisa to fix.

Like Ken said it is probably a couple hundred dollar rug that will more than likely bite you in the ass seeing you've never done that sort of work before.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Take it over to Lisa to fix.

Like Ken said it is probably a couple hundred dollar rug that will more than likely bite you in the ass seeing you've never done that sort of work before.

Now That is an Administrator right there!!!
Heed the Advice here, these Old fookers here been around the block more than once. :D

But the curvy roads are so fun Mikey...........

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We have done a lot of rugs that needed dye correction but so far we haven't gotten one that was completely covered in dye stain. I meant to ask the question in a way: Is it even worth trying knowing the rug isn't some expensive rug or not. My initial thought on the rug was, to tell the housekeeping office there to buy a new one and it'll be cheaper.

I usually like to take rugs to Lisa's if they need repair work done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom