Rug stuck in centrifuge

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I think our shiny new Rug-Tech could handle that bad boy.
Glad you got it out!

Attachments

• 2015-07-27 17.18.21.jpg
    2015-07-27 17.18.21.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 294
Reactions: cleanking

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Joe could dig a little deeper and buy our 18" diameter 14 foot long centrifuge to eliminate some of his woes. (The machine he has is a fine machine but small for many of the rugs in the American market)

Joe could "Did a little deeper" and buy your 18", 14' centrifuge but he's still waiting on the tumbler he paid you in full for 2 months ago.

Mike, this is only the 3rd time in 7 yrs we've had this issue.

Last edited:

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Joe could "Did a little deeper" and buy your 18", 14' centrifuge but he's still waiting on the tumbler he paid you in full for 2 months ago.

Mike, this is only the 3rd time in 7 yrs we've had this issue.

I meant to say dig, not did. Anyway I'm glad you managed to get it out. You will love your Tumble Duster when you get it. Thanks for all the "business."

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hey Ofer, guess lightning struck twice. We
Swept the Dodgers.
We?
Don't they threaten to leave Oakland every other Wednesday, if they don't:
  1. Build them another stadium.
  2. Give them bribe money.
  3. Scratch their back.
Them East Bay gullibles, I mean fans, they are all saints.
Please tell me you're not a black and silver kinda dude. I can't take it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I was born and raised in Oakland. What else would I be. I was going to Raider and A's games when you were still eating ba ba gounosh and hummus with Bedouins.
My former Villa, before I became a BDCC:
th?id=JN.MqhC14zDIZDoEzYap3YMXA&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=183&h=111.jpg

At home, fixing some Baba G....

new%20left%20side%20images%202_11.jpg

And Brian has the nerve to say that his repairmen have the best Humus!!
I beg to differ.

However, isn't being a member of the raiders nation:

th?id=JN.NVOLM4ClIduzsV4R1%2fBKDw&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

A bit like having a severe case of:

1002-arrested-development-bn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Appleby

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was born and raised in Oakland. What else would I be. I was going to Raider and A's games when you were still eating ba ba gounosh and hummus with Bedouins.
Big D has been a Raider's fan since he was a kid. He drives a black Fourrunner his kids all drive black cars. They love the silver & black. They occasionally take pilgrimages West to see games.

They are lost....the Bears are the real deal. The true mecca is in Chicago! :winky:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Speaking of Bears.. our rug stuck story... 12x18 chinese 90 line... after three hours of picking our brains, we used a c clamp, a toe strap and a fork lift.. no damage to rug or centrifuge... but might have used up some of Bears luck...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You fookin rug snobs always making things complicated! ;)

So it sounds like this is pretty common. Not knowing how how they operate could you slip the rugs in a sleeve as they go in? One that is slick and would have some give yet allows water to pass through? Like a laundry bag?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Its only common when you try to get the biggest fookin rug in your centrifuge you can... I have a 16" by 12 foot centrifuge.. this rug when rolled up wet was 14 inches in diameter.. lessen learned.. we now know what too big is.

Bear Down!

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
You fookin rug snobs always making things complicated! ;)

So it sounds like this is pretty common. Not knowing how how they operate could you slip the rugs in a sleeve as they go in? One that is slick and would have some give yet allows water to pass through? Like a laundry bag?

I've heard of some guys spraying silicone within the walls of the tube. For us the most difficult rug to remove was probably jammed in and wrinkled at the back of the tube wedging itself in. My centrifuge is a different design than Centrum Force and not accessible from both ends. Others may be to0 wide for the tube and forced in. I'd consider those operator error. If it doesn't fit, don't force it. Rugs that stick to the wall are not a problem as long as you can manipulate the center of the rug roll. I wouldn't consider this recent situation a common problem for us. We've maybe had 3 days of downtime in the last 7 or 8 yrs of rug wringing. I can live with that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom