Rug tagging system.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
@Brian H , @T Monahan , @Ron K

The rugs are starting to pile up a bit and keeping track of everything is becoming a job in Itself. I’m still small and looking for a good way of tracking my rug flow. I'm not at the point where I can't afford a $400 a month tracking system. Looking for some sort of water proof tagging method. What do you guys suggest?

I currently have 28 rugs in my shop in little piles so I don't get them mixed up. I can see this is going to be an issue if I don’t address it.

Last edited:

Ron K

Tyvek tags and a Takit gun work for us. Take a quick photo upon pick up is a good back-up too. Even all piled up you can usually figure out who's who's if you keep each customer separate piles.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
@Brian H , @T Monahan , @Ron K

The rugs are atarting to pile up a bit and keeping track of everything is becoming a job in Itself. I’m still small and looking for a good way of tracking my rug flow. Im not at the point where I can afford a $400 a month system. Looking for some sort of water proof tagging method. What do you guys suggest?

I currently have 28 rugs in my shop in little piles so I font get them mixed up. I can see this is going to be an issue if I don’t address it.
Tie them on with string or wire. We also use them for blinds when doing a commercial so we can make sure they go back to the appropriate window. Saves a lot of time especially as blinds can have slightly differing widths.
roro

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I fixed the typos in my OP. Wow, I should not post while sitting in my shop covered in rug dust on 108° days.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You can get the Tyvek tags prewired. I'd recommend against using the dark colors as ink doesn't show up well.

Oh yeah, use permanent ink.

Reactions: Shorty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom