Rumor has it that the mills are wanting to work with "us" again

Mikey P

Administrator
The iiCrc is being greated with open arms in Dalton.

Forgive me for being sceptic but how long can a restored relationship last if one of the partners is constantly harping on and exposing the others garbage?

Mikey P

Administrator
Let's scale it down, would a flooring retailer continue to refer you to clean the carpets, laminates, faux porcelains and 6 miln LVPs, they sold if you were telling all of their customers that they lied about said products performance?

Or would you keep your mouth shut and possibly take the blame?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The iiCrc is being greated with open arms in Dalton.

Forgive me for being sceptic but how long can a restored relationship last if one of the partners is constantly harping on and exposing the others garbage?
I wish my grandfather was still alive today to confirm that

Reactions: ronbeatty

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Meanwhile, guys keep doing a great job, service well, get it cleaned, service with a smile even when you want to sink your claws into homeowner, price it fair, price it well if your dam good at it, respect the rules, do not cut corners and finally do not depend on a patch on your sleeve for the phones to ring. Have fun while working and interacting with homeowner. They will remember the energy you bring with you into their home / space.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Or would you keep your mouth shut and possibly take the blame?

is that the root of it for you?

as far as "educating" the consumer and the conflict you perceive between the "mechanic" (us) and the retailer and manufacturer's products, you can do that without dogging them.

Unless the manufacture or retailer are telling consumers 32oz poly cut pile is as good 60oz solution died nylon, I really don't see the conflict

It's as simple as "you get what you pay for" isn't it?

you absolutely should have a relationship with the mills.
It's foolish not to, as you shouldn't see them as the "enemy" or have an adversarial relationship because consumers are buying cheaper/less durable goods when manufactures also make, good, better, best products on the shelf right next to the cheap crap

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
is that the root of it for you?

as far as "educating" the consumer and the conflict you perceive between the "mechanic" (us) and the retailer and manufacturer's products, you can do that without dogging them.

Unless the manufacture or retailer are telling consumers 32oz poly cut pile is as good 60oz solution died nylon, I really don't see the conflict

It's as simple as "you get what you pay for" isn't it?

you absolutely should have a relationship with the mills.
It's foolish not to, as you shouldn't see them as the "enemy" or have an adversarial relationship because consumers are buying cheaper/less durable goods when manufactures also make, good, better, best products on the shelf right next to the cheap crap

..L.T.A.
I have the same recent discussion with some mill reps at an IICRC meeting.

I think you're a little too used to selling substandard/ garbage products yourself to be able to understand where I'm coming from

They tried to give me the analogy that there are Lexus customers and there are Toyota customers in relationship to their high-end and low-end products. To which I had to laugh in their face and say a Toyota will get you the work safely and do just about anything you ask of it. While you're low-end, products are barely you more useful than a layer of cardboard on the floor, and yet you lie about it on the end caps at the home Depot about how impervious it is to water and foot traffic and pet urine and so on and so forth. And then you imply that the customer got what they paid for which is an absolute line of BS

Mikey P

Administrator
Happy Sunday meAtrope! PXL_20221204_214441956.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I think you're a little too used to selling substandard/ garbage products yourself to be able to understand where I'm coming from

you're just showing your ignorance now, Mike

And then you imply that the customer got what they paid for which is an absolute line of BS

well then, you should start an IICRC campaign directed to false advertising mills and retailers are doing.

see how that goes

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Your siding with the manufacturers Larry because you yourself snooker customers about the durability of ( some) the products you're installing.

Call me an idealist but I believe in truth in advertising.

and not the F em all, let gawd sort them out mentality you are clearly displaying.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
we still have good quality nylon carpets available here. Not at Home Depot though. The Higher quality flooring stores have nylon but much more expensive than the Iroquois stupid strand carpets. When my customers are re-carpeting, I always advise them to go with the best nylon they can afford. I also have a few stores I recommend for them to go to that sell premium products.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry because you yourself snooker customers about the durability of ( some) the products you're installing.

again, you're just talking out your azz and showing your utter arrogant fool self you're known for.

The last floor I installed a couple years ago, was engineered hardwood
(1/2" plywood with 1/32" Brazilian cherry veneer)
I tried to talk her into full 3/4" solid tongue & groove from a local saw mill

Your siding with the manufacturers Larry

you only think that because you're stupid.

If you're on a crusade to stamp out misleading or "best case scenario" marketing malarkey, I'd suggest you start with those the IICRC are focused on....the CC'er

Start with those pushing protectant on every POS poly rag.
Then jump on the virus "bug sprayers"
Then go to the fckin padders that rely on deceptive marketing

or...dog Harbor Freight because you bought a cheap product (they said was great) instead of paying double for known better

your ire is misplaced.

..L.T.A.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Granted it was only one location but it was quite a large flooring distributor.
Decades ago. I purchased a large amount of sheet Goods and had somebody install in my kitchen.
When shopping there and talking to the sales people I had conversations about the different types of carpet.
charachteristics, pros, cons etc. material from IICRC etc. as well as many articles from Cleanfax etc. (Whitcamp was always a good read .)

Took a lot of the available material in for them. It was new to them, and they were absolutely not interested.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom