Running a 1 1/2 whip

phil

Name
Philip Greenwood
I think there is a difference between the 2 different size hoses but i prefer the lightweight of the 1 and half inch hose.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Short story: Yes, it makes a big difference in flow, just look at the difference in volume and capacity.

If you are looking for flexibility and light weight, just use the lightweight, flexible 2" hose (Amflex Super-flex) on the last 50'. Use harder, heavier hose the rest of the way. The lightweight stuff isn't as durable as the heavy stuff.

Take care,
lisa

S

sam miller

I have a 405 3.5 in plumbling from blower the diablo has 2.5 inch plumbing even with backflow from blower heat exchangers can the diablo really have more vac?? I think if cfm is what you want go larger hose if lift smaller hose. Lift and cfm a #5 blower.

I did a cfm test 100 feet 2 in hose aprox 250 cfm, 50ft. 2.5 to 2 in. 25ft. hose approx 300 cfm, 4 in for first 25 feet 2.5 last 50 feet about 330 cfm. gonna do some more test with and without vac exhaust heaters and 50 feet 4 to door and 2.5 last 50 feet and 100 feet of 2.5

I do use a 1.5 4 ft whip on a 2 jet in some case's mostly a ti 6 jet also have 4 jet prochem I like for berber

Bob Foster

Some of you might remember this one that I did a while back

g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyNLW57lXBwg]

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've been working with a friend running a Cleanco 4.7. He has a 10ft 1.5" whip, used for stairs only now that hes using a greenhorn, and even that I can feel a difference. I've got the superflex like Lisa mentioned, THATs the way to go!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
Some of you might remember this one that I did a while back

h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyNLW57lXBwh]

you're moving "air"
fizzics calculations can tell us how much air can be sucked thru a straw with X blower spinning at Y rpm at Z lift

but until you guys actually MEASURE water used and recovered to compare , you don't know nuffin
it's all pure speculation and anecdotal things like "sound and feel" .

Ya'll got a big surprise on those porty tests a few years ago at MF.
Ya'll might be just as surprised if you actually MEASURED what was used and recovered

..L.T.A.

S

sam miller

Meat I've cleaned for awhile and can gauge my water recovery no exact science, but my old porty 2 3 stage in parallel 220 inches of lift 10 gals would recover 8 or so and take 8 plus hours to dry this was an old porty not compared to todays standard using 1.5 in plumbling.

using 100 ft 2 inch hose and a 405 with 4 flow I was getting approx 3-4 hour dry times. Prochem quad wand and 2 jet s bend. unglided

going to an 8 flow on 4 jet and 12 flow on my ti wand with 2.5 inch house I'm getting 2-3 hour drytimes maybe I'm dry stroking more and thinking about more but it seams to work doing my own house. with Joe's sheer kit on my quad wand and a banana glide and a blower Im down to less then an hour. Customers are happier when it feels dry to the touch when you leave.

I dont have a water box to test how much in how much out so cfm test will do for my curiosity and dry times in the home.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sam miller said:
I dont have a water box to test how much in how much out so cfm test will do for my curiosity and dry times in the home.

done the "same day, same room" side by sides on drying , Sam??

that one would be easy with hose.
use same wand , same pre-spray , same everything , same day, same room.
do half with 2" hose and half with 2.5

see if you can determine any real difference in complete dry times

..L.T.A.

S

sam miller

meAt said:
sam miller said:

done the "same day, same room" side by sides on drying , Sam??

that one would be easy with hose.
use same wand , same pre-spray , same everything , same day, same room.
do half with 2" hose and half with 2.5

see if you can determine any real difference in complete dry times

..L.T.A.

true I'll try at at my house in few months short nylon.

One other thing not all wands work the same and carpets sometimes need a different wand! I noticed my ti wand glided on olefin doesnt seal as well as the quad jet unglided.

Hg's set at 15 getting lock down with out a glide on nylon. so air flow and lift play apart and sustainability in swinging the wand.

easier is better and 2 inch is easier to move around so I'll probably stick to 25 ft 2 inch whip just because its more functional.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sam miller said:
One other thing not all wands work the same and carpets sometimes need a different wand! I noticed my ti wand glided on olefin doesnt seal as well as the quad jet unglided.

Hg's set at 15 getting lock down with out a glide on nylon. so air flow and lift play apart and sustainability in swinging the wand.

all true, Brother
and shows me you're not only observant, but able to determine the "how, what and whys" of your observations

I'll be interested in your findings when you do the side by side in your home in a few months.
(I'm ASSuming the hose run to your home is 100ft or under)

I'm also assuming you know to make everything as equal as possible .
example; if there's a ceiling fan in the room, try to split the room to center the fan so one side doesn't get more air movement than the other.

amount of pre-spray used makes a tremendous difference in dry times too

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom