Running a HX

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I can get my little machine to 180 to 190 at my wand, but man, I really have to be laying on the trigger. If I lay off the trigger just a few seconds to do dry strokes, I’m back down to 150 to 160, when it starts getting chilly outside. It was in the 40s today and I was running 100 feet of hose.

It seems like it’s even worse when I lower my psi or flow.

So what’s the best way to keep a smaller machine churning out fairly hot water?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I can get my little machine to 180 to 190 at my wand, but man, I really have to be laying on the trigger. If I lay off the trigger just a few seconds to do dry strokes, I’m back down to 150 to 160, when it starts getting chilly outside. It was in the 40s today and I was running 100 feet of hose.

It seems like it’s even worse when I lower my psi or flow.

So what’s the best way to keep a smaller machine churning out fairly hot water?
You need a good flow. 6 flow works for me. Don't let your wand sit idle. You can have a bypass installed on your wand valve to bypass water into your vac hose until it's hot.

Reactions: Meter Maid

sassyotto

Name
Paul
dont know why your so concerned. My first line is 115 ft continuous and I prefer 190 degree heat. Use Parflex hose which keeps the heat in. If your using Goodyear or other steel braided line, you may lose some heat and at couplers if your using 2 50 ft sections. Im at 6 flow too at 400 psi.

I find CRB agitation is the key

Mikey P

Administrator
I prefer a good mop
1605754393698.png

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I have come to the realization that you can either have high flow or moderate heat with small air cooled TMs.
If I was working in colder climates cleaning greasy spoon restaurants and had a small air cooled TM-- I'd have to add a propane water heater.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
165f atm

Heat is the least we need to be concerned with. Cfm/hg is more important.

View attachment 103752
Heat always helps. My cds averages 190-210 at the truck. Plenty hot. When I first got it, it was only getting 150-170. Not enough. The very hot units getting 240-250 are great but that kind of heat is dangerous. Can cause your hoses to burst, leave permanent welts in carpets or on you if you're careless. Heat is part of the pie. You need a slice of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom