Running the big hose

Name
Jeff T
I landed a large 6 story retirement facility. There’s carpet on 5 out of 6 floors. L-5 and L-6 have the most. They’ve been vacuuming with basically a shop vac, and using a rug dr. for any spills or stains. The carpet is only 20 months old, kinda looks 20 yrs...
From the parking spot, to the furthest point, it’s around 450.
I’m planning on HWE for the first time to get rid stains, soil load, and left over chems from botched attempts to clean up spills.... there’s ALOT of stains... one room alone there were 70-80.... I bid high, because of logistics, and all the BS involved.
From truck, 200- 2.5, 250 -2”...
Running the long hose.....

Name
Jeff T
Is there a question?
Yes
1- recommendation for a vacuum for them. Easy to maintain, and actually vacuums...
2- best ‘house brand’ cleaner they can use to in their shyte porty, for spills.
3- how to convince them that their string mops are Petri dishes....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
1- recommendation for a vacuum for them. Easy to maintain, and actually vacuu

a Kirby it ain't
Truth is, it won't matter what vac they buy.
'cause they don't GAS about vaccing and only bust thru it getting the visible "chunks" off the floor.
Dust cup models are better....cause they might actually empty them ..they "might"
Bagged models never get emptied

2- best ‘house brand’ cleaner they can use to in their shyte porty, for spills.

education on how to use the machine and what type juice(s) to use when and where is more important than the brand
(assuming brand is know reputable in the biz)
Teach them pre-sprays and not extract rinsing with gallons of soap in the Rug Doc (which believe it or not, the contractor model isn't a bad unit for a little POS walk behind)

3- how to convince them that their string mops are Petri dishes

won't matter ...similar to vac, they won't change mop water and will swing swill a mile

..L.T.A.

Reactions: J20770

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
PEEE-AZZZZ

3- how to convince them that their string mops are Petri dishes..

don't know anything about petri dish cultures
But I think of my daughter when she was in 1st grade .
Her favorite vid was Land Before Time

the teacher sent a note home .
....Tell Teresa to stop writing her name as "Petrie"
(fo-reel)

..L.T.A.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Will you be doing this job at night? I do a few of these and running hoses down the hallways is a pain if residents are walking around and trying to get by in wheelchairs. Also I got busted by the security forces at one place and they made me start using my portable because I was propping doors open and causing a trip hazard with hoses. Might be worth investing in a low moisture dirt swirling machine if you don't have one.

Nevermind. I just saw where you said "The first time."

Name
Jeff T
Will you be doing this job at night? I do a few of these and running hoses down the hallways is a pain if residents are walking around and trying to get by in wheelchairs. Also I got busted by the security forces at one place and they made me start using my portable because I was propping doors open and causing a trip hazard with hoses. Might be worth investing in a low moisture dirt swirling machine if you don't have one.
I’ve got 2 Cymex’s. I also have a 175, and a Brushpro. The first go around, I HAVE TO use HWE. Can’t use my porty, cause it’s a piece of junk. I plan on switching to VLM on the next go around...

Name
Jeff T
I'd be worried about them seeing you cimex it on future cleanings

at the hi-roller prices you claim for scampoo, it wouldn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure out how to call Rick Gelenas for their own chit..

..L.T.A.
they can’t even buy a proper vacuum.... NO ONE but carpet nerds know about the good stuff in this industry.... he was using the Rug Dr. Complete package.... he showed me the bottle....

Name
Jeff T
How hard is it to pre-mix a five gallon blue jug of solution? Then if they ask, mumble something about unicorns.
I was thinking of doing something along those lines... getting a 1 gallon, plain white jug from my plastics supplier. Mix up some Releasit DS2, and writing PLAIN instructions on the side.... but hey, most normal people don’t follow them.... gots ta make it IDIOT proof.....

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I'd be worried about them seeing you cimex it on future cleanings

at the hi-roller prices you claim for scampoo, it wouldn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure out how to call Rick Gelenas for their own chit..

..L.T.A.
Yeah, they’re not doing that. You’re giving em too much credit!
In fact, as we’ve stated on here over and over, I’d forget the hwe and razmataz em with vacuuming with a somewhat wide area vac and Cimex the tar out of it. No hoses to worry about. Dang if they’re using a Rug Dr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Name
Matt Ross
I went in an old folks retirement home the other day and the janitor was using a really nice crb. I didnt recognize it, but it was more than 20in wide and it was really quiet. I was impressed. It wasnt a cheap facility.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dang, all of a sudden , you’re a Kaivac rep. #fan! Janitor!
I see how fast and how much cleaner it gets the restrooms. Our University bought 7 small and 1 large one for the basketball arena.

I was concerned about water sprayed everywhere. But I've seen them use it and it's no problem and is much cleaner.

So from a nonbeliever who thought it was unnecessary, I've become a fan.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was thinking of doing something along those lines... getting a 1 gallon, plain white jug from my plastics supplier. Mix up some Releasit DS2, and writing PLAIN instructions on the side.... but hey, most normal people don’t follow them.... gots ta make it IDIOT proof.....
I would leave a jug of procyon. Hard for them to screw anything up with that. Instructions are on the bottle and liability stays with them.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I see how fast and how much cleaner it gets the restrooms. Our University bought 7 small and 1 large one for the basketball arena.

I was concerned about water sprayed everywhere. But I've seen them use it and it's no problem and is much cleaner.

So from a nonbeliever who thought it was unnecessary, I've become a fan.
Look at you🤷🏻‍♂️

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen

Oh, this is a leave-behind? My bad. What I do is provide a quart spray bottle with my (waterproof) label. Those can be ordered on line by the hundred. The label has my business name and number, with simple instructions: “Spritz, Blot, Repeat.”
Bottom line says “Free Refills.”

A gallon gets stolen by employees, but the spray bottle gets used. And yes, from time to time you get called back. That is gold, as you can do a quick inspection and pump priming.

Reactions: 1900 North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom