RX-20 help...leaking

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
seems it is leaking at the spot were it goes into the gear box....

easy fix or no???

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think you are referring to the swivel that is on top of the gear box. Not too hard to remove and fix. The unit does swivel so it can be a bit of a pain to get a grip on 2 non swivleing parts to remove and replace. I have only had to replace one of those swivels in the past 12 years that I can recall.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so it is the main union???

seemed like it was an o-ring inside....yet i cant find anything on it....

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
High speed RX, or Low Speed? That brass part they're referring to is called the Rotary Union. Is it dripping out of that? If so, I agree, simply replace it. Easy fix! Is it puddling out of the stem that goes into the gear box? Either that stem is cracked, or it simply needs tightened, or possibly needs thread sealer reapplied.

Happens all the time...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
maybe i should have taken a pic after i wiped it off :icon_redface:

but it looks like a pressed bearing....

the top of it, is the 5/8 hold point to get the head off in case it is stuck...then just above that is the threaded spot for the union to screw into...

it was a little loose, but i think it is coming from where i pointed...which looks to be a bearing :dejection:

next time i use it, i will try to get a video to see where it is leaking

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
Hmmmmm.. I'm not that familiar with the high speed RX's than with the low speed.... But, I do know that right under that bolt that your arrow is the gearbox filled with oil. I'm not sure, but that should be a tunnel that encases the stem that your arrow is pointing to. Can you get a wrench on that bolt, with your foot holding the star wheel and lift it out? I'll venture a guess that that stem, and rotary union can be lifted out together..

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hence a pressed bearing with seal???

only how is it leaking water???

hummmmm

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Never had that happen to me at that point. Sorry that I am at a bit of a loss looking at it in the pic. Is is leaking a lot or a little. Does it leak when your pulling the trigger or do you see it leak when you are just sucking up water. If not leaking when just sucking water, might be that bearing and seal and it is the waste wate leaking out. Throw some water on a remanent and just try sucking to determine the leak. Or see if it is just when you pull the trigger. I am just guessing here at this, but just some thoughts as to try to determine the problem.

Mark Saiger

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
for sure when i pull trigger....and it evaps, when the heater gets cranking...

like i said..need to do a vid, right when i start it up next time

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom