RX-20 or 175 Rotary?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
95% of my business is residential so I rarely use my glided RX-20. I'm starting to do more residential T&G and need something to scrub with. I am also interested in occasionally encamping certain carpet to possibly improve appearance. Should I buy the hard surface head for the RX-20 or get rid of it and buy a rotary? I don't have room to carry both.

TimP

Use the tile stand up brush by hand. There isn't a rotary that really gets down into the lines. Then buy a turbo or sx-12 or other tile rinsing tool. Before you actually buy something to mechanically scrub your tile test it out first and make sure it gets into the grout lines effectively or else you're wasting your money.

As for carpet it's better to use a 175 to scrub then rinse with a wand. I use my rx to scrub with with a pad driver now. As for having a large commercial job having an rx is a life saver since you can work virtually all day with it and not get worn out.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I already use the Turbo but some of the T&G jobs require too much hand scrubbing especially if the tiles are small.

Name
Ron lippold
shane and tim if you want to scrub grout lines with the 175 you will need the carbide brush or you will be wasting your time. It's a spendy brush 250.00 or so but its is like greased lightning.

Greg Loe

The cimex medium brushes get in to the grout lines and with the pads you have a great encap machine.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I use the T&G brush on the Brute for big areas. It works well If you tilt it into the grout lines. But I use the grout brush on a pole most of the time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Shane............

I have tried the brushes on my RX and all they do is ride the surface and don't get down into the joints very well..........

So far nothing beats the grout brush...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom