rx-20 problems

JR

I have an RX-20 and I am not getting power from the handle. Has anyone had problems like this before? I think it might be the trigger switch.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
replace the cord.................

take the back panel off where the cord goes into
take a picture (if you are not use to working with this type of thing)
so you can remember how it is wired and go buy a cord of the same size (14 gage) and replace

I would not think it is is the switch...........they have a pretty tough micro switch n the inside and unless it falls off a moving truck or has a major short.........
this switch should out last the RX..........

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I had this happen and was a loose wire. Start with plugging it in with an extension cord in the motor section and go from there.

Albert

JR

rx-20

I plug in the motor at the base and it worked fine. So I know its a power issue not making it to the motor. I removed the switch but I am going to try replacing the power cable next if you believe the switch is that good.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Hey JR, do you have a continuity tester?. I hardly knew how to use one but I more or less learned when I had your same problem. Now that you know the motor is good you can go from there.

I believe the parts you mention are fairly inexpensive so even if they are good it wouldn't hurt to have them around.

Maybe someone can chime in and give a very brief explanation of how to do this.

Albert

wired

I had this problem to and the handle was not making connect with the switch that is right next to the handle . take off cover and take a look. I am having problems with the handle staying in place when using it. Handle pops loose and the machine takes off. I have tighten metal bare and this helps for a while. Any thoughts

wired

I had this problem to and the handle was not making connect with the switch that is right next to the handle . take off cover and take a look. I am having problems with the handle staying in place when using it. Handle pops loose and the machine takes off. I have tighten metal bare and this helps for a while.

Greg Loe

Take a meter and test voltage at end of power cord.(not the end that plugs in to the wall) If no voltage, replace cord

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom