RX-20 users

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
The older style puts out quite a bit of water. We never ran them much over 300-350 psi. (5 X 1.5 jets) but glided I'm sure you could run much more without over wetting.
It is very easy to change from the extraction star to the pad holder but at 90 rpm. and not enough weight don't expect much agitation or production with a bonnet under it.

daniel c

We use the RX-20 exclusively for commercial cleaning and restaurants. I would not recommend using it on most residential. You will be much faster with a wand. The rx does not pick up debris very well, so you will need to pre-vacuum. It does't get in corners and dealing with 3 cords can be challenging. It is great for commercial glue down carpet or large open areas. Even then I am faster and more efficient with a wand.

TimP

The best way to RX is to work into a room.

You shouldn't need to post pad with an RX-20. I do agree it's best for large jobs of CGD carpet as it is faster in that situation...about 100 ft per hour faster in my experience, and not near as tireing. I have the Rx-20 HE though 3 sprayers and 5 half slot shoes. I run 500 psi and my HM CDS 4.8 salsa keeps 200 running it constant. It does leave the carpet adequately dry but not like a greenhorn. Everything else said above is pretty well true too.

Name
George Valliant
Don't forget about the gearbox. Most RX owners rarely, if ever, change the oil.

I love the green glides and since my HE uses half slot I had to purchase the conversion kit. Think I would recommend the conversion kit even for full slotted RX's cause it eliminates those pesky skid rails. Not to mention eliminates unessary weight and easier to clean. Also, i think it lowers the stance a bit making it easier to toe under vanity sinks in master bedrooms.

I've lost the will to push a wand so I use my RX exclusively for everything, including restuarants and residential. I've never had a problem. Some clients like the swirl pattern over the V pattern too.

Also, you can purchase new hand grips for $1.98 from Interlink supply. You never know where those old grips have been.

TimP

I have the pad driver too....came in handy today when scrubbing some tile. It's not as fast as a 175 but it does the job and it does ok on carpet too, scrubbing with the pad on the carpet. It's just probably way slower than a 175....don't have the weight or the speed.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The RX is a great machine....it is great for large commercial work or empty's.....and with the pad driver it is great to use for post padding on CGD and some Berber... .......Make sure if you get the POS star with the 3 cone jets and the half/assed shoe's you get a hold of greenie and put it back to the 5 jets with the check valves and glides.....and the full open shoe's.......it sucks on tile so don't waste your time or money on any of the tile heads......waste of time......

If you have never used one before just be patient with it and you will get the feel for it and it will serve you well......

44.jpg

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
RXed every job for years until I got a GreenHorn. Mechanical prescrubbing and rinsing with the GreenHorn is waaaaaay faster and easier than the RX. Especially with a helper to prescrub.

Curtis: Lube the threads every time you spin on the pad driver or star and the change is easy.

TimP said:
The best way to RX is to work into a room.

You shouldn't need to post pad with an RX-20. I do agree it's best for large jobs of CGD carpet as it is faster in that situation...about 100 ft per hour faster in my experience, and not near as tireing. I have the Rx-20 HE though 3 sprayers and 5 half slot shoes. I run 500 psi and my HM CDS 4.8 salsa keeps 200 running it constant. It does leave the carpet adequately dry but not like a greenhorn. Everything else said above is pretty well true too.

Not going to post pad after RX....wand only.

wired

Prespray RX20 , vac with wand and clean the areas the RX can not and your done. It does not get any better then that. Of course you should always rake it after. You VORTEX guys do not need a RX20 or 175 because of all that heat and vac you use RIGHT RIGHT.

Name
George Valliant
Great question! I've been wondering the same thing too. Will a Vortex clean better using a wand than a lesser machine with a RX-20 attachmnt? With green glides of course. Any big V or xt owners in the house?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It does not matter what machine is behind the RX or a wand...I use to be a avid RX user..then Greenie pimped my wand and I went to the dark side and I don't pull it out as often......But I still use the RX for large commercial jobs..and some Berber......we really need to get past this machine thing............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
C Pennington said:
Since Im buying this older RX what is the differnce in the old star and new and is there a differnce in performance.

big difference........
the new star has 3 cone jets that really don't flush all that well...then someone came up with the stupid idea of welding the shoes half closed thinking it was going to help remove more water....so you have to shorten your over lap and slow way down........

The old star has the shoes wide open and 5 jets.........better flush and much better vacuum....
get with greenie and have him set it up with glides and extension check valves and it is a whole different machine and can out preform most out there........

?

Name
George Valliant
An old timer in my hood has been using the old style for a decade. Recently his RX was down for repair so he rented the HE half slot. He said it didn't clean worth a crap compared to his old style. He suggested i pick up an old style cleaning star first chance i get. I won't bother because I got greenie's RX kit.

Another difference is the old style uses 5 fan jets and the new style uses 3 cone jets. The cone jets can be very temperamental and difficult to clean. Replacement cost is approximately $60 each.

Each cone consists of three main parts. The base, the jet, and a tiny little vein the sits inside the jet which creates the cone spray patter. If you get a single granule of sand inside the vein it’s almost impossible to get out without extracting the vein. The first time I removed a vein it was damaged and had to purchase an entire cone jet assembly. Personally, I like the idea of a fan jet from a cost and maintenance point of view.

I'm sure you will be happy with what you got. Replace the gear oil and those nasty old foam grips and you should be good to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom