RX 20 veterans, dumb questions for ya

Name
BradFenstermaker
Ok my RX is used and not sure if she is spinning the correct direction. So does it spin clockwise or counterclockwise??

AND, do the skid hoops lead in that direction also??. Where is the sweet spot to angle the jets?? I have the 110015 with 1 inch extenders.

I only use mine on 1 commercial account because it seems to wet so much. I know they do lay down alot water. It is what I have for now.

The powercord is missing and a male plug is spliced on the pigtail of the handle. Wondering if there is a chance the polarity is switched somehow.

Thanks

Able 1

Name
Keith
With an AC it will only spin one way and I believe its clockwise on a RX-20...

Steve CGD guy

Supportive Member
Skid hoops lead in direction of the spin. I angle my jets to shoot between the hoop and the vac slot. It will penetrate the carpet less if you aim the jets toward the vac slot. As far as over wetting, pick up some of Lisa's glides, it makes a big difference in dry times for me.

Name
Steve Lawrence
It won't work going backwards as that would unscrew the star assembly so it must be going the right way.

I never like mine on commercial until I got glides.

Keep your pressure below 300 to minimize wetting. WOuld prolly work fine at 200-250 psi.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Ok thanks for the tips. Maybe other owner put the skid hoops on backwards. So I may have to reangle the jets too. Will check it all out tomorrow.

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
All good information above... I agree, you will benefit from glides on your RX. Are you doing vacuum sweeps? That will make a big difference in the drying times.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Ok thanks for the tips. Maybe other owner put the skid hoops on backwards. So I may have to reangle the jets too. Will check it all out tomorrow.

Yes, if the previous owner had the whole star apart he may have reassembled it backwards. Assemble so that the vac office is in front with the van connection in back.

Name
BradFenstermaker
DUH, mine is setup correctly. The reverse thread removing the star kinda threw me off. I was given some hybrid glides for it. They are yellow so I guess there Mytee's.

On the top of the glides there are several slots caved in on themselves. How can I open these up safely for use??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom