RX-20 vs HOSS 700

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bahrahm said:
which rotary machine should i buy between these two any of your thought?

If you want ONE...NOW...?

The RX-20..."Is the only ONE available".... !gotcha!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mikey, do you know anyone that has one and is not connected to Sapphire that could come on and give real life user experiences?

I'm becoming more interested, the more negatives I hear about the rv 360i.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mikey P said:
Not yet Zee.

I'll have one to play with in a month or so but the 1st 170 or so units have been spoken for

170?? who bought that many? One of the "national hackin' institutes" we all "love"? Or anybody with credibility on the board?

Billy

Name
BH
The comparison competition I saw this year at M-Fest didn't go so well for the Hoss IMO.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Shane;

We have used RotoVac 360i for demos for about 18 months.

It does a good cleaning job with the new brush head.

We also have on order some of the Hoss 700 machines in the 1st batch Mike mentioned.

I think the Hoss 700 will be a more durable rotary extractor.

The initial reports have been good, with one exception.

Some users have wanted more solution flow from the staggered jets.

That should be easily adjusted for those who want more solution.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
Billy said:
The comparison competition I saw this year at M-Fest didn't go so well for the Hoss IMO.

Billy, I can't help but think that you were aware that that particular beta machine was not the final production version.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
RX-20 Has proved itselfs over the years...might want to wait and see what bugs get worked out of the Hoss? Why go with a machine that "might" clean as good as the RX-20? I'd be worried being one of the first to get a machine like that until the verdict is out.

Name
Lee Stockwell
royalkid said:
RX-20 Has proved itselfs over the years...might want to wait and see what bugs get worked out of the Hoss? Why go with a machine that "might" clean as good as the RX-20? I'd be worried being one of the first to get a machine like that until the verdict is out.

It has proven itself:

Heavy
Aggressive on seams and transitions
A soaker
Awkward

A good tool when I first saw it in 1982, but hasn't kept up with the times.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
juniorc82 said:
so what is the 360i chopped liver now?

not quite yet, but it'll happen

it'll take the Hoss to be on the disty's floors and in a few "rockstars" hands before it can bounce the 360i out of it's board de jour status ......which is nearly a foregone conclusion that it will
(unless it's a total POS ..which i doubt)

..l.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have not had the chance to use the Hoss as of yet so I can not say how it does...........but.... I can tell you that I have been leaving the 360i on the truck more and pulling out the old RX......and have been much happier with the results.....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jim Martin said:
I have not had the chance to use the Hoss as of yet so I can not say how it does...........but.... I can tell you that I have been leaving the 360i on the truck more and pulling out the old RX......and have been much happier with the results.....

Why is that Jim? I just started using the 360i and really like it. I put my RX on permanent vacation twenty years ago. It couldn't replace the 175/wand combo. So far the 360i has. I haven't pulled out the 175 since I started using the 360i. (Only had it for four days though, on 14 jobs.)

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have an RX and a 360i. I love the 360i for residential carpet. Love the RX for restaurants.

It would be cool if the Hoss cleaned a home like the RV and commercial like the RX.

Wish I could test it to see.

Adam

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Jim Martin":224kzpmx]I have not had the chance to use the Hoss as of yet so I can not say how it does...........but.... I can tell you that I have been leaving the 360i on the truck more and pulling out the old RX......and have been much happier with the results.....

Why is that Jim? I just started using the 360i and really like it. I put my RX on permanent vacation twenty years ago. It couldn't replace the 175/wand combo. So far the 360i has. I haven't pulled out the 175 since I started using the 360i. (Only had it for four days though, on 14 jobs.)[/quote:224kzpmx]

the 360i is way to low to the floor.......on the thick..higher pile carpets it leaves bad streaks no matter how you try to change the cleaning pattern....personally I think it is because once the TM fires up and the suction pulls it down into the higher fibers and does not allow the jets to disperse like they should...on the CGD's and berbers..the teflon supports keep it up of the floor and it leaves no streaks...

IMG_5315.jpg

this picture was taken on a CGD......look at the clearance.......and how the teflon supports hold it up.....
on a thick one it will not hold it up they just suck down in....

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Jim I think they should give u a hoss to test. I think ur opinion would matter more to use than some life hating guy that rags on everything! Bill, ill pay for the shipping to send it to jim. As long as its not to much

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
George III said:
I no longer use rotary extraction tools.

ZIPPER-ROCKS.jpg

is the RX star hanging in there just for looks or are you using it to fill in that little bit of space you had left........

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Old photo...

that rx-20 cleaning head has been tossed into the scrap pile with all my other unused equipment. :shock:

the pile is really starting to stack up.

there's a carpet cleaner swap meet next month at local interlink.

Maybe unload some equipment then.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I got two rx-20 HE's that don't get use anymore. probably two thousand hours on each.

recently noticed the shaft seal on one has an oil leak.

i could really use a 175 for my concrete work.

wired

love my chem dry rx 20 with slotted holes would not go anywhere without it . At the end of the day i am not as tired as using strickly the wand. Does a much better job and leaves the carpet almost dry by the time i leave. Customers tell me it looks and stays cleaner longer. Thats what i like to here. My two cents Steve

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin said:
the 360i is way to low to the floor.......on the thick..higher pile carpets it leaves bad streaks no matter how you try to change the cleaning pattern....personally I think it is because once the TM fires up and the suction pulls it down into the higher fibers and does not allow the jets to disperse like they should...on the CGD's and berbers..the teflon supports keep it up of the floor and it leaves no streaks...

IMG_5315.jpg

this picture was taken on a CGD......look at the clearance.......and how the teflon supports hold it up.....
on a thick one it will not hold it up they just suck down in....

Jim, perhaps you should re engineer the 360i with replaceable teflon stubs.

It could have the factory size and additional longer teflon stubs that could be interchangeable for different thickness of the different carpets.

Call it a JM360i and sell it to every 360i owner.

Billy

Name
BH
Mikey P said:
Billy said:

Billy, I can't help but think that you were aware that that particular beta machine was not the final production version.

Well I can't judge it by anything but the Demo Competition setup for it. If it wasn't really ready for a debut maybe that was a mistake. I do understand Beta testing though since I also Beta test products at times. As for it improving over time I'm sure it will & it very well may win in the final competition especially with Studebaker s involved.

I consider my self a fair person & am very willing to change my opinion when it actually beats the competition.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom