RX-20

• Thread starter advanced curb designs
  • Start date
A

advanced curb designs

Well I thought that I would give you a update. I purchased a used RX-20 on Ebay for $ 860.00. After reading everyone thoughts I decided that the RX was the best machine overall. I would like feed back form anyone who has used the RX-20. But again from what everyone on this site has told me is that it is the best Rotary extractor around. How wet does it get the carpets ? 8)

The Preacher

depends on how much suck you have at the other end by how wet it will get!!! I like what Greenie says "theres no such thing as over wetting, but there is a such thing as under drying"!

what machine are you using???

A

advanced curb designs

Nija

I am going to purchase a 200 psi heated Nija unless you have a another suggestion.

The Preacher

that will have a hard time working with the RX. Not only the low PSI but the amount of water you'd go through will not work well IMO!

The Preacher

a small starter TM if your budget can handle it! unless your doing secured commercial work?? if so, get a bonnet driver to use in conjunction with the RX and Ninja and you'll do fine.

Scott Rogers

It is going to be real slow with that combo. I hope you have auto fill and auto dump.

The Rx will perform best when hooked to a hot TM. And glides are a must for the RX20's. It really improves the usability and performance.

A

advanced curb designs

OK it has been a while since I was in the business. We used a Advanced Rotary shampoo machine. 00 Rpms with a Brush. What I am looking to do is rental properties which is why a TM is not going to work. Some one suggested the Ninja which I have heard is great but to also use glides. What are glides ? I assume the the RX-20 will do a great job but will it preform well with a Ninja 200 psi heated extractor ?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if you have a portable then go look at a roto vac

if someone told you to get an RX 20 for a portable then they are not very bright

A

advanced curb designs

I was told that a Ninja that was heated and at least 200 psi would work. They told me that it would work well if it had a strong enough vacuum. What do you think about that suggestion ? :eek:

A

advanced curb designs

rx 20

Still feel good about the purchase I saw one at a local distributor that was older and the lowest I could get him to go was $1500.00. I will call HydraMaster and get their thoughts.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
you'll want to go with a porty with 2 3-stage vac motors.
the 200psi pumps are the most reliable from what I've heard.
To have the above configuration a heater may require at least a 2nd or a 3rd power cord. That will be your biggest drawback.
PLUS you will need to plug in the RX20! You'll be looking 3 to 4 cords.

Someone already mentioned it; whoever told you to get an RX20 with a porty really has no clue. The Rotovac is sold in a package with a porty for a startup busn package.

gasaxe

in my opinion a rx20 is a good tool. but like any tool it is only as good as the "system" supporting it. I see no way a portable will support a rx20 Ive been using one for 15+ years on everything from a supped up 47 to a 68 with a ton of heat exchangers and a single rx will pull a lot of water therefore requiring alot of vaccum. I know guys that have trouble running one on their smallish truck mounts. I would turn the rx for a little profit and look at some other ideas.

Tychon

I use an RX-20 with a porty. It takes longer than I'd like, but you can use as many dry passes as you need without killing your back. I also bonnet afterwards. A powered wand, whichever one you go for, makes a good impression and pulls focus from the wee little porty.

A

advanced curb designs

This plot thickens, I spoke with Hydramaster and they said with some modifications that it would work fine with a Porty. I then spoke with my local distributor and explained what I had purchased on Ebay, he said that a porty would also work ok. Now to the Ebay situation. The person that is selling this machine was suppose to call me today but never did. When I got home I received a email from him telling me not to pay him through Paypal. I am must likley going to back out because something just does not feel right about this deal.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Mike, if you're feeling uneasy about the transaction you may want to look into www.escrow.com. It is the only one of it's kind recommended by ebay. They hold money until the product is received. Bruce Hudson posted about it. I'm currently making a craigslist transaction from someone far from me.

Albert

Bob Foster

Look for a used Host scrubber on eBay and use that for prescrub and extract with a wand. Pimp the inlet on the porty to 2 inch and run some of Greenies super flexible 2 inch hose.

RX

Mike the ninja must be atleast 300 PSI to run the Rx20. Get a portable and make sure you have the right orfice for the RX because it is not the same orfice for porty and TM....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
advanced curb designs said:
This plot thickens, I spoke with Hydramaster and they said with some modifications that it would work fine with a Porty. I then spoke with my local distributor and explained what I had purchased on Ebay, he said that a porty would also work ok.

HOLY CRAP ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

another case of distributors knowing CRAP, about the equipment that is out there and how it works....

holy hell :x :x :x :x

gary mackay

I used the RX once with a portable & will never make the mistake again! It was set up with 2" hose on 35' of hose, 3 vacuums, 300 psi, fans, too many dry passes & had to come back to fix spills that wicked back. I use it daily with just a 33 blower, green glides. airpaths, it's dry when I leave.

Greg Loe

Yes!!! it will work.

The carpet won't get very clean with 200 psi and 5 jets.

The dirty wet water will not get extracted enough because of the 5 vac slots

The heater won't heat the water enough because of the 5 jets

What could you do?

Close off 2 water jets and 1 vac slot.

Add green glides

Add a propane heater
Add a water otter
Add a vac booster

Or just by a used truckmount

501Timothy

Maybe you might ask yourself if the guy who sold it on ebay reads Mikeys Board? Just maybe he does,and just maybe you should be a man and tell him it's not what you really need and you want to back out.No lame excuses!!! BE HONEST!!!!

A

advanced curb designs

rx-20update

Ok I did receive a voice mail from him yesterday and spoke with him today. He has agreed to let me out of the deal because I do not think he realized that the Rx-20 would not work with a porty. Even though Hydramaster claims it will on their website that the seller cut and paste on the EBay listing. Might want to double check that next time. I am also forwarding him the other emails that i received about the payments ,scaryy huh ? I would really like to thank everyone who contributed to this post.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
that right there my friend, should be worthy of $5 a mth to read the other areas..

by becoming a supporting member...

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
An rx won't work with a porty?

Wand, say 3 jets total #9 with glide

Rx, 3 jets as Greg suggest with glide #9.

Only difference is the rx will agitate whereas the wand wont.

If the rx won't work, neither would the wand.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom