RX-20

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
MikeD00019 said:
What are your opinions of this machine and where do you use it mostly?
Thanks

it's a production machine imHo
we used to rent one every year to pound out ratty student rentals.
it's also a carpet SOAKING machine.
in the empties, that was no biggie

..L.T.A.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've used an RX on every HWE job for the past few years. It works very well but is slow and you need a seperate detail tool for corners, under furniture, and for any area narrower than about 17".

I average 2 hr. dry times with a 25/47.

I'm going to try a wand (Greenhorn) for faster production with a helper to prescrub.

Larry Holder

I have the newer HE version. I love it for productivity and dry times. I get 1 1/2 hour dry times and customers love it.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I bought the "new" HE version about five years ago. How long does a product remain new?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Better then just a wand IMO. Pre-scrub with rotary and rinse with wand is better. So some say. Never tried it like that.

Albert

TimP

The Rx is a good machine. I think it does better on residential carpet than cgd. It takes too long to rinse and way too much moisture is put into the air in the form of steam. It does take longer mostly due to detail work and longer time to flush.

I'd rather run a greenhorn myself, you have faster flushing. Less steam....better drying but not by much I'd say but I haven't done any tests to compare that one. The RX uses way more water. It's really hard to say what does a better job cleaning, I'd give the edge to the Greenhorn.

If you have a solid day of non stop work I can see how a RX can save a ton of fatigue. I'd say it comes down to prefrence and situation. You can easily just prespray, and rinse with an emulsifier and do a pretty good job. No prescrub or much dwell time needed. Oh and the RX lift the pile up way better than a glided wand....I haven't tried a slot glide on a greenhorn to compare that though.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I used one when Chem Dry first came out with theirs. Didn't like it at all. You have a vac hose, a solution hose and an electrical cord. You have one handle for spin and one for spray...PITA IMO. And not worth the hassle or money.

I like being self contained. If an empty doesn't have electricity...who cares?

Oh and it uses too much water and doesn't get edges

Can cause pile distortion...permanent pile distortion on some carpets..bring up a lot of carpet lent and can in general damage certain carpets.

If you don't know what carpet to use or not use it on...then don't use it.

There, I said it.

G

I would use one in high production jobs, ie: commercial,resturant.

Kevin

MerCrewser

I think there is alot of improvments that can be made to this machine, i.e. bigger vac shoes and redesigned glides for more airflow, and angled highflow jets. Maybe a redesigned head from GG?

great for commercial work and anything that is trashed. I'd highly recommend adding a set of green glides for better dry times....I wouldn't live without one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom