Rx20 vs CRB and wand

Name
John
Just curious if I even need my rx 20 anymore since I got a CRB??? Can I get the same results agitating with crb and then using wand??? Even in nasty greasy restaurants?? Thanks

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Yes u can if u have stiff brushes but it may take you a little longer.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Just curious if I even need my rx 20 anymore since I got a CRB??? Can I get the same results agitating with crb and then using wand??? Even in nasty greasy restaurants?? Thanks

no.....I don't care how many time you go over it with a CRB.....your wand will never match the flushing ability that a rotary will give you........

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I stand behind my theory that a crb with stiff brushes and a 12 flo ti wand will match or exceed that of an rx-20. And there's no swirl marks

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I agree but I thought we were talking about nasty greasy restaurants with a commercial grade carpet. I'm thinking of one restaurant I have where a crb wand or my preference a zipper will do the same if not better then my rx

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
All this being said I wouldn't be without my rotary so take that for what it's worth.

mike r

Name
Michael Ramsey
All we do is commercial/industrial carpet. We have done side by side tests and can get way better results with a 175 and wand than with a rotary. Not even close. Used to have a RX20 and got rid of it. Used our TRex at BMW one time and off the truck it came. Not with the Flex head, however. Probably going to sell it as it is probably better suited for residential and small commercial. Only used that one time.

Mikey P

Administrator
None of the REs are good for trashed commercial.

You have to go so slow to get good extraction that you're have to charge $1.00 a foot.

And follow up with a Cimex to fix the wicking.

mike r

Name
Michael Ramsey
Most of our places are pretty clean. Some areas get pretty bad as they will any time you deal with industry. In my opinion RE's don't work very well on any soil level in commercial/industrial settings. Not for us however I know some of you will disagree.

Name
Marcus
Heat vacuum and water flow is the answer......
Don't need any scrubbing if you have all 3
And of course use the zipper for maximum cleaning.....with 12-14 water flow... No trigger just full throttle cleaning...can clean any resturant unless it hasn't been cleaned in 6-12 months.....

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I did a demo at a large sports bar near the back entrance where the beer trucks come thru, commercial grade carpet beyond trashed, spent 10 minutes with 360i on the same spot and the water wouldn't stop coming filthy black tar, I was amazed, production rate on first/second cleaning on that one would've been way slow.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Andy McFadden
Next time just spray some encap on it, ALL the soil will come out the next time they vaccume. You can clean 10,000 SF per hour with this method, "spray and run" ( scrub n run method is so out dated.)

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
as much as I wanted the answer to be yes. The answer is no. Heres a long annoying video to prove it. That is silent. So your speakers didnt go bad. I just pulled all the annoying noise.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Take the CRB out of the equation for a sec. any rotary extraction tool...360i, rx20 or whatever will always out clean just the standard wand alone. Now, any agitation you add prior to using standard wand makes a big difference (for the better of course), weather it be a CRB or 175 with carpet brush. Now the question becomes what provides better agitation, CRB or 175 w/carpet brush. I've always used a 175 with carpet brush with always excellent results. Just recently got a CRB and have only used it a few times now and love it for it's ease of use and a lot easier to carry in and out of jobs and it's absolutely great pile lifting ability. Does it provide better agitation then the 175 w/carpet brush. Well i'm still up in the air on that, need to use more to say for sure. But so far so good and i am impressed with it and glad i have it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom