Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
How many have you taken the time and registered your truck and equipment

IMG_3888.jpg

Name
Shawn Forsythe
WHISKER said:
My Boxxer 421 is not SOA, but the Rug Dr. is ?

It's called the "SOA approval paradox".

Until this issue is resolved in a logical manner, SOA will have a monstrous acceptance problem.
My understanding is that the 421 falls into the "orphan" equipment category for which it's performance and specification characteristics merit a quasi-approval that is a lesser category than the ranked Rug Doctor. But CRI has done very little to reconcile the matter of superior equipment being effectively ranked lower than bronze.

LeeCory

Shawn I agree with what you said. The way it is currently set up, it is not something I can take seriously. And if by some stroke of unlikelyhood a customer asked about it, I would be able to explain why it is a joke.

Whoever is making money on this program is laughing at those that actually fell for it.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I was under the belief that a Rug Doctor was SOA ONLY when operated by a non professional carpet cleaner.

If operated by an experienced carpet cleaner with decades in the industry, the SOA was null & void.

Another reason why I'm glad I live down under :lol:

Life is simple :lol:

Ooroo,

:twisted:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It's a large, rancid, reeking pile of bull____. This garbage is given to us by the folks who approve flogging polyester as a viable fiber for flooring- let's see a seal of approval for that load of offal. The Carpet and Rug Institute needed to make carpet cleaning rocket science. If anyone needs to see what a bunch of damn fools are involved, read Weiner" The Wasted Orgasm" Brain's hotseat and the questions he refused to answer or sidestepped. Nothing like having a J.O. to represent a deeply flawed and completely idiotic money grab. Shawn, you'll likely toss this one, but someone asked....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Mr Braun never did address any of the questions when I asked him directly to his face. He passed them onto his subordinates and told them to get back to me. That was a year and half ago at Connections. He never replied to direct emails except to reply that he had passed them on. Is the CRI part of the govt?? Its sure acting like it.
From the Rug Dr issues- having a pos portable and a high pH cleaner that passes!!, to having portables have the same ranking as a V/AT, to issues concerning the testing itself-variances due to wands, type of soil, what actually quantifies passing for for gold silver bronze etc, effect of prevacuuming etc , there were several cleaners passing emails in preparation for the CRI's "re-thinking" of the SOA.
They basically didn't listen to a thing we said and it fell off the radar shortly after that.

http://www.carpet-rug.org/commercial-cu ... manuf_id=0

The SOA as it stands is nothing more than POS bureaucratic BS. If its supposed to be rocket science, then it should make logical sense, and it never has from day 1.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Shame on you Captain Happy! Don't you know he has FAR more important issues than those that concern us. Like how to bleed us enough to get another Porsche. You can't have too many of those ya know.:roll: Boycott the entire program as it has to be the biggest pile of self serving bull___ and garbage this industry has had in my 30 years. If the best they can come up with as a representative like Weiner (no) Brain to work on this, then I'll starve before they get one red cent from my wallet. I wonder how these arseholes would like it if we reversed the rolls and started pointing out the crap they sell to the public?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The bigger challenge is reaching the consumer. There is already sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much dis-information out there its absurd.
Between the CRI's BS about the SOA and the info that someone posted ref John Travolta's child's death, we've got our hands full just trying to get the truth about carpet cleaning across let alone the truth about manufacturing. The whole point behind the SOA was to promote better cleaning and by Professional cleaners. And what do they do within the first 6mths, validate a rental unit!! Talk about shooting themselves in the foot and also having it bounce up and clip em in the ass in the same shot!!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Talk about shooting themselves in the foot and also having it bounce up and clip em in the ass in the same shot!!

If it hit them in the ass there's probably head injuries too.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'd like to see the six who posted that the SOA was beneficial to them in the poll give us their reasons.

If you're shy posting here, PM me. It would help me a great deal.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
OK, I admit it, I did! Don't shoot me!

Wow, I feel so much better now.

Really, for me it was a easy choice. The carpet store I do work for felt it was important. I like doing work for carpet stores. carpet stores are my friend. Carpet stores make me money. It cost me $25. Oouch!

Actually I have also received quite a few nice jobs because of it. I shamelessly use it to my advantage and even have the van decals. :shock: Oh the horror, I know.

I wish I was as wealthy and successful like all you guys so I could hold out and really shaft them. Oh wait, then I wouldn't be carpet cleaning. Realistically speaking, once Prochem jumped all over it, the fight was over anyway.

And another thing, if you guys stopped using shop degreasers to clean carpet, maybe Shaw wouldn't have jumped on board! :lol:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have it, I figured it can't hurt for the $25

I had one commercial bid because of it but was easily out bid by non CRI company so I didn't get the job

In my opinion in the future it might help, along with being green seal, to get chances at certain types of commercial jobs but once again you will have to low ball

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom