Saffron tea

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Here is a rug that the customer spilled a cup of saffron tea on. Any suggestions?

PXL_20210915_194534589.jpg PXL_20210915_194521576.jpg PXL_20210915_194509109.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What is the fiber type? Has it been cleaned yet?

Avoid an acid based tannin spotter. I've seen it turn the yellow to red.

I have an idea of what to suggest, but would rather have some history before I say.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What is the fiber type? Has it been cleaned yet?

Avoid an acid based tannin spotter. I've seen it turn the yellow to red.

I have an idea of what to suggest, but would rather have some history before I say.
I got some good advice from the Chemmax people last night. After looking at the pictures, they determined that it is a Pakistani Chobi rug and most likely has been "tea dyed". The spill and customer cleaning attempts have likely impacted the overdye and even removing the yellow stain, if possible will still leave a discoloration. I think I will just return it to the customer and let them know that there are no affordable options. By the time someone tries to remove the stain and color it back, it will cost about the same as replacement it seems.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Make more saffron tea and match it with rest of rug

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Try cleaning it.

We just cleaned one like that. Cleaning removed 95% of the stain, nothing would remove the rest without affecting the color of the rug fiber.

Oh yeah, we removed most of the "antique" wash as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom