Saftey Equipment

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How many wear gloves while cleaning?
how many wear booties?
how many wipe down their equipment on a regular basis?

What things do you do to protect yourself against peoples grime and dirt?

Name
Jesse
I wear disposable nitrile gloves under disposable latex. The nitrile is chem resistant but rips to easy. The latex is more durable but doesn't hold up to chems well.

I've had a hard time getting our techs to wear gloves but after a few peroxide burns they start to come around.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
do you wear booties in your residential accounts?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I've always hated gloves, for the way they feel and for the impression they give the client that what you are applying may be dangerous.

As for booties, I wore them off and on, but I hated taking them off and putting them back on each time I made a trip out to the truck.

Take care,
Lisa

Able 1

Name
Keith
booties are a waste of time, what is the point? It is all show, you clean your way out right? I should where gloves but i mainly use them for oil changes.

I wear the booties sometimes on my high end residential just to make an impression with the homeowner, but normally no booties. Usually I'll wear gloves if I'm working with Red Relief or similar product, but its kinda funny when the techs insist on not wearing gloves and call asking if the white on their hands is permanent :D

G

I wear gloves during the whole job and then throw them away and put on new ones for the next job. i will also wear masks while spraying enzymes, or any urine removers and if the house just stinks period. booties....well...only if really needed. i spray down my equipment daily.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I wear that Atlas latex cover gloves. They're more comfortable that nitrile and protect well against the hot hoses and QDs.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
thanks for the input guys. i agree with the booties being for show. i can mix chems without getting it on myself (most of the time) and i didnt even think about respirators. i only wear one of those when i refinish hardwood floors.

Thanks Guys

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
How many wear gloves while cleaning?
how many wear booties?
how many wipe down their equipment on a regular basis?

Gloves for mixing anything that might be an irritant, don't carry anything that requires a respirator, use shoe covers occasionally, wipe down everything every day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom