Salt on Red Wine

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Has anyone heard of putting salt on red wine? Customer told me today that she puts salt on spilled red wine? Was wondering how and why it would work or if it does work. She swears by it. :shock:

Name
Nate W.
Doug D said:
Has anyone heard of putting salt on red wine? Customer told me today that she puts salt on spilled red wine? Was wondering how and why it would work or if it does work. She swears by it. :shock:

Not sure, but I also has a customer put white wine on a red wine spill, then the salt. Stain was still there. It was a wool rug they did it to.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The only thing, I could think of is that the salts afinity to absorb moisture might soak up some of the stain with it as well ans absorb the stain and the moisture? It may also neutralize the acidic nature of whine but other than that sounds like someone needs to try a home science experiment on a sample carpet. I'll dig up a nice white dropped sample and give it a whirl.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Sweeney has the idea, but I would recommend a better procedure for them. If you don't have a spotting guide to hand out, send them to an on-line guide you like.

Alaklines like baking soda poured on wool carpet have a tendency to do some damage to the wool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom