Saltilo Advice

I have to bid on a floor that I inspected today.

Same thing I have seen several times.

I know it is hard as hell to get the wax off the floor so really I need advice on the best approach.

When you apply stripper and start scrubbing the floor becomes real muddy and you are essentially spreading the clay around. The problem is the floor is so red and muddy that you think you have all the wax up but you don't. There is usually some wax that is embedded or it needs to be re-stripped. Now the floor is so porous that when you apply stripper again it soaks in pretty quick and just makes the whole process harder.

I could turn the pressure up and rip the wax right off, but I would be afraid of leaving swirl marks.

Anyways the job is 350 sq ft of saltilo. I do have a very stiff concrete brush and I could use some black strip pads.

What is the best pressure to use and how many times does it usually need to be scrubbed? Also someone mentioned something about sanding.

I would like to get 800 dollars for this job,but would be willing to go 700-750 if I had to but no lower than that.

Any input would be appreciated.

Ron Lippold said:
800 is not enough, I want to see pictures. and i will give you more info

This guy probably only wants to spend like 150-200 bucks Ron.

800 is probably too high.

IMAG0537.jpg

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I don't think it's worth anything less than a grand. Now if you know exactly what wax/finish is on the floor the exact stripper to use you MIGHT get done in under a day.

No way in hell this guy is spending a grand to have 350 sq ft done.

He might but I better have a better sales pitch other than I am going to need to wait 30 minutes to an hour between coats of mopping a finish on.

Name
Ron lippold
you will loose your ass on that floor... it might take 2 days to strip and more and then a full day of re finishing and 1000 dollars in product.

Seriously?

One decent gallon of stripper maybe two and two gallons of plaza plus is all I need. That's like 80 bucks.

How do you figure a thousand dollars in product and what the heck are you using?

Two days to get the wax off? If I scrubbed for two days there would be no floor left. :lol:

Seriously what are you using to get the wax off and how much pressure can I run without leaving swirl marks?

Mikey P

Administrator
lmao, go do it Danny by all means.

When the guy want you to repaint his orange walls and to replace his swollen floorboards or you expose the aggregate in what you though was real Saltillo or he complains about those few weird specs of original top coats that you left behind out of ignorance and you have to start over, you can get back to us as the pro you are on a floor you can't even spell correctly.

Mikey P said:
lmao, go do it Danny by all means.

When the guy want you to repaint his orange walls and to replace his swollen floorboards or you expose the aggregate in what you though was real Saltillo or he complains about those few weird specs of original top coats that you left behind out of ignorance and you have to start over, you can get back to us as the pro you are on a floor you can't even spell correctly.

:lol:

Ok now I am just scared.

Mikey P

Administrator
http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_16032/cont...tguid=QtSsRBin

VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) - A 21-year-old Northern California man was left hanging at a playground swing set overnight after he got stuck in the diaper-like seat for nine hours.

Vallejo police say the man made a $100 bet with his friends that he could fit into a child's swing at Blue Rock Springs Park on Friday night. With the help of liquid laundry detergent, he managed to slide his legs into the seat.

Authorities say that's when he got stuck - and his friends took off.

A groundskeeper found the man screaming for help the next morning. Firefighters cut the chains off the swing and took him to the hospital, where a cast cutter was used to remove the seat.

The man's name has not been released.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom