same problem again #2

G

i descaled the truck today un did the qd like i did the last time ran descaler 1/2 hour water was really brown. hook up the qd back to the cat pump turn machine on and the pressure starts going up and down a little u can hear the ticking its sucking air so i guess i have to change the male and femaleagain like before why is it like this. it always happends but i have a small job on monday morning do u think it will be all right to do it and i can go change them after the job i dont have any extras and theres nothing open here on the weekend and i dont think i can get these qds at lowes its a short female qd but the male is opened no nipple????

Rex Tyus

I missed the first time you posted this so I am not familiar with the history. It it not unusual to have air when you descale. It should clear up quickly however. If you can actually hear an air intake from a source then FIX IT NOW. If you can't get a QD go to the hardware store and get a true union. It is actually a better hook up than a QD but not as convenient.

You may not incure any damage to your pump by not fixing it. But it is not good for the pump to suck air. Besides, it is a real pain in the ass to clean with pressure fluctuations due to air suckage.

Rex Tyus

If you don't want to use a union and are dead set on a QD. Go to your friendly local carquest and get a male and female qd of what ever high pressure fittings they have and you will be good to go.

You dont want to let the water box run dry. And 1/2 hour sounds twice as long as needed. You should also lubricate the O-Rings on the pressure regulator after you descale as the descaler will dry it out.
Also remember to nuetralize the descaler with an alkiline cleaner like dry slurry. Descaling real helpfull but to much not good for fittings and teflon lines.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HARPER said:
what is ticking??? what sucking????

the qd...or the Pump

glad I'm not the only one that couldn't make sense out that

Yo Segreti, are you from the Old Country or were you born and raised with the english language?

cause ........non capisco, dude

G

when i trigger the wand you can see the pressure guage flutter a little this did the same thing when i descaled before and the book tells me to descale 1/2 hour and i have what i think is the one and only 9100lx steamway machineon this site i went by the book as i usually do. wheni descale i by pass the water holding tank that is how its done on the 9100lx.i have never used a union what is it and what does it look like like i said the qd that is on the back of the cat pump is a short female and the male that is on the hose that hooks on to it is a male with no hipple on it you can see straight through it they hook together. and i did rinse the machine out when i was done. but wheni started it back up and triggered the wand it did the same thing before when i descaled it

Rex Tyus

A union is just a rigid connection that allows two stationary fittings to be connected. I don't have a picture or know how to describe it, but any hardware dude would know what it is. But, the quick connects can be replaced with virtually any style of the same size as long as you replace male and female.

Rex Tyus

Are you sure it isn't just air that was introduced during the hose changes when you were descaling. I have to bleed mine with a male qd in the end of my solution hose to reprime the pump properly.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Rex & Lance gave you some good info......

I was searching previous posts for more info......And it looks to me like all your pressure
issues are related to you descaling the machine.....The descaler you are using is eating
up your o-rings. You also need to PURGE the air from the system.....

If you can relay more info to your next post...Im sure we can solve your problem.....
you need to fix this problem NOW....the cavitation in your PUMP is probably from a blockage
in the INcoming water source.....CHECK all of your inlet SCREENS on your incoming
water lines.....Your pump should also have an inlet filter screen on it.....

BY-THE-WAY HAVE I SAID HOW MUCH I MISS MAAAARRRRRTTTTYYY :shock: :shock: :shock:
In searching some of your post....He really was busting your CHOPS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lubeing the o rings on the pressure regulator would help the bouncing pressure. You might even replace them if they look worn.

And whene i descale i will run the machine for 5 min. and then shut it down for 5 minutes then run it another 5 minutes then suck the water out of the water box and let it refill and flush the system followed by a couple table spoons of detergent then check the screens and chemical injection valve and the check valve.

G

u have a totally different machine than me .my cat pump is fine i have a wierd steamway u have a prochem

I worked for a guy who sue them for the 2 machines he recieved as all they did was break down.

It doesnt have a knob to adjust your pressure up and down?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
SCOTT

If the air leak is only in the QD.....You can get the those QD's at any LOWES,WALMART,
AUTO PARTS STORE,OR HARDWARE STORE..........They are used on all Pressure Washers...

In one of your previous post....you said that you pressure guage jumping from 400psi to
700psi on its own....Did you repair or replace the pressure regulator?????????

A pressure drop of 50 to 75psi .....when keying the wand is not uncommon as your pump
ages......especially if you are now cleaning with high flow....BUT if the guage is BOUNCING ?
The system is SUCKING AIR somewhere.....Or you have a RESTRICTION in the incoming
WATER FLOW.............

G

that was a totally different problem the 9100 has had a lot of problems. thsi problem i have now is the same thing that happenend last year. when i pull the trigger its fine when i let go it flutters a bit.you can even see the pressure line move a little last time it was the male and female qd replaced it it went away the only reason why the male and female is there is so you can un hook it to descale because on this machine you dont descale the water holdind tank your telling me that i can get these qds at lowes even the male that has no nipple i though we all go to our suppliers or a fluid connector store to get our qds

Rex Tyus

There is not much difference in price usually so I get fittings and such through the normal supply channels to be supportive. But in a pinch I will certainly go to the Carquest (insert your favorite auto parts store) as they are open on weekends and even repair hoses.

G

there is one car quest here never been there i always go to nappa the only ones they have there are for air hoses they dont fix hoses dont tell me that you can use the air qds

G

i do have a dial to raise the pressure up and down but like i said never had a pressure problem and i always talk to paul at new england steam way and he wouldnt give me any descaler that he wouldnt use and i really havent used it it to manny times ill bet u i have descaled this machine5 times in 6 years yea i konow it should be done more and only 2 of those times it was with vinegar

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if it's the same QDs used on Powermatics internal plumbing, they're just pressure washer QDs.
and as Harper mentioned, you can get them anywhere.

I'm not real familiar with the 9100 (other than I'm sorry you're unfortunate enough to own one)
can you plug a garden hose directly to the plenum?
(where your water box hose would normally go)

if so, plug in there, turn on the water and look for leaks first.
if no leaks, start the TM, turn on the pump and trigger the wand.
See if the fluctuation still happens when direct connected water hose

..l.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
The QD that you are talking about is an "open-flow" QD...It is simply used to give you
easy on-off acess to connect & disconnect the hose from the PUMP...."It just makes
it QUICKER....hense the name"

The QD's on your wand ...ect..restict the pressure untill you need-it...."closed flow"

If you are getting a bounce in your solution line.......Check to see if your ACCUMULATOR
is charged....or is BAD :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

G

ley me tell you this is my first tm ill never buy a nother one without asking 10,000 questions and researching it. and asking all about the company now that steamway is out of business. i just replaced the divirter valve,divirter rod and motor,thermal temperature limit switch. water flow switch 800.00

G

harper what are you talkin about do you know what kind of ACCUMULATOR the steamway 9100 has

G

it has nothin to do with what your talkind about THIS IS THE SAME PROBLEM I HAD LAST YEAR WHEN I DESCALED ITS THE MALE AND FEMALE QD WHEN U TAKE THE CONNECTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR ABOUT A YEAR APART AND INTRODUCE A OLD MALE QD AND DESCALE AND THEN PUT BACK THE OLD ONE IT MAKES THE IMMPRESSION DIFFERENT IN THE FEMALE QD

joe harper

Name
joe harper
You either have a Little Giant Accumuletor........or a Blue Pulse Dampener........

There are on truckmounts to keep the constant pounding of the back pressure off
the pump....Go to jon-don or Interlink SITE to see what they look like......
If you don't no what it is :?: :?: Then Im sure it needs re-charged......If it is
leaking water from the top :?: then you must replace it....NOT WORTH REBUILDING...

SORRY IT TAKES ME SOO LONG TO POST A REPLY :oops: :oops: :oops:
BUT COOPER PMed ME LAST MONTH & MY LAPTOP NOW HAS A (STD) I HAVE TO
RE-BOOT THE COMPUTER EVERYTIME I SUBMIT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
GEEEEESSSS SCOTT............

That is why there is an o-ring in the female QD :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

That CAT PUMP pumps WATER....NOT AIR :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

If the connection was BAD.......It would be LEAKING WATER.....Not SUCKING AIR.....

The PUMP is either STARVING for WATER :?: :?: Or SUCKING air from a LEAK in the system...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It may not have one, Harper.
(pulse dampener)
Powermatics don't have one and I don't think they have one on the 4100 Mastermatics either

..L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
My BEST advise to you is.......After you fix this problem......

The next time you need to DESCALE the machine....."SELL-IT"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HARPER said:
My BEST advise to you is.......After you fix this problem......

The next time you need to DESCALE the machine....."SELL-IT"

I'm sure he wishes he could.
The 9100 was an abortion from jump street.
They had nothing but problems with them and discontinued the POS shortly after introduction

..L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hey Larry,

You are probably right....I had a early 90's Powermatic that had a LG accumalator on it.
I bought it used....so the guy might have added it himself :?: :?: :?:

ps DO YOU THINK IT IS MY REDNECK DRAW THAT IS CONFUSING MY MAN SCOTTY :wink: :win

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom