Sandia Portable Machines

Steve Knight

Hi All
Can anyone tell me what Sandia portable machines are like?

we have a guy selling them very cheap over here in the UK?

TIA

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Can anyone tell me what Sandia portable machines are like?

looks like any/every other porty to me

rotomolded case with a handful of common components, wires and switches

they're all the same in that price range

what's "very cheap" over there?
looks like here they range from $1000(USD) for basic to $2500 for the whoopiedoo one

..L.T.A.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
What Larry said is true. Rotomolded bodies are fairly similar in their construction. But make sure the chassis is solid and well-planned for usability and ease of access. Sandia does a good job designing a smart layout.

Now, what's under the hood? At the end of the day, that's what really counts. At the core, it comes down to vac motors, pumps, and fittings. What's been chosen with the machine's design for its intended application? Is the component selection high quality? Are the internal parts laid out intelligently? Again, a nod goes to Sandia's extractor design.

And finally, how will the company support the end-user if there's a problem? We've worked with Sandia equipment for the past 15 years or so, and I have to say they've ALWAYS gone the extra mile to take care of our customers. From our experience, I'd say they've got a solid reputation.

Low price? That's Sandia's icing on the cake - manufacturing a solid unit and bringing it to market at a good price. The bottom line; their approach to the portable market has been well-executed.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
All portables SUCK and squirt. Same basic components, buy the box you like best taking into consideration wheel size for maneuverability, Solution & recovery capacity, pressure, heat, how many cords to operate, dump valve level for mop sink or toilet.

Overall a portable will never be a TM or be able to clean as well no matter what anyone says or insinuates.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Steve Knight

looks like any/every other porty to me

rotomolded case with a handful of common components, wires and switches

they're all the same in that price range

what's "very cheap" over there?
looks like here they range from $1000(USD) for basic to $2500 for the whoopiedoo one

..L.T.A.
£1600 but it’s equivalent is over£2000!

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Steve Knight

What Larry said is true. Rotomolded bodies are fairly similar in their construction. But make sure the chassis is solid and well-planned for usability and ease of access. Sandia does a good job designing a smart layout.

Now, what's under the hood? At the end of the day, that's what really counts. At the core, it comes down to vac motors, pumps, and fittings. What's been chosen with the machine's design for its intended application? Is the component selection high quality? Are the internal parts laid out intelligently? Again, a nod goes to Sandia's extractor design.

And finally, how will the company support the end-user if there's a problem? We've worked with Sandia equipment for the past 15 years or so, and I have to say they've ALWAYS gone the extra mile to take care of our customers. From our experience, I'd say they've got a solid reputation.

Low price? That's Sandia's icing on the cake - manufacturing a solid unit and bringing it to market at a good price. The bottom line; their approach to the portable market has been well-executed.
Thanks for your reply.
We use two HM 575s so it’s just for jobs where we can’t get access.It’s the small one......2 x 5.7 Vacs 300psi pumps d internal heater which apparently is non adjustable.I will send over a picture Encapman and I will also send a picture of what we are looking to get.The guy over here who is selling them used to import the Scorpion and now makes the Jaguar if you are familiar with those.His website is www.world of lean.co.uk if you wish to take a look in the meantime.I would also like to Thank You for such a detailed impressive response.

Steve

Name
Steve Lawrence
All portables SUCK and squirt. Same basic components, buy the box you like best taking into consideration wheel size for maneuverability, Solution & recovery capacity, pressure, heat, how many cords to operate, dump valve level for mop sink or toilet.

Overall a portable will never be a TM or be able to clean as well no matter what anyone says or insinuates.
Yeah, what Sweet Baby said, plus be prepared to buy a new one way too often! Plus, cleaning with a portable is lame and your customer won't call you back or tell family and friends about you cuz you couldn't provide the work well enough.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

I’ve never owned or used a portable and thank goodness my market has never required me to have a need for one

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I use a porty sometimes. It’s helpful when sucking my wife’s hair out of the clogged drain. I also use it in the rug shop for smaller jobs or to correct browning. I heep it loaded with acid rinse.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Portables are great when using them as intended. For places where truck mounts can't go. The guy is in the UK. Probably no where to park a truck mount. I just did my own carpets with a portable. Came out great and dried in 6 hours. Takes a real carpet cleaner to get good results with a porty. Most of you hacks wouldn't know how to use one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom