Sanitaire as a rug beater

Mikey P

Administrator
We do not have the brushes in them, and we use a concave VGI brush, the brushes replaced with metal inserts - this is a rug beater head.

I think that's a good option. Have one or two set up like that for delicate rugs and a brush and beater combo for the hairy ones.

Thanks for keeping it drama free Lisa.

Name
Torrey Whitaker
I am in my vacuum store every other month, grab about 7 belts (they are cheap). We are using the Sanitaires front and back, but mostly on the back. We use the QuickKleens, the narrow ones (the wider ones do not vibrate as much). We do not have the brushes in them, and we use a concave VGI brush, the brushes replaced with metal inserts - this is a rug beater head.

I think the other dusting machines are fine, some a bit too aggressive in my opinion, but this just works for us. Of course we are getting rugs in regularly so we do not have the impacted soil problem that many do.

It's kind of a non-issue though - ANY dusting is better than no dusting at all… but claims that heavy dusting gets 98+% of the dirt out are simply untrue. If the soil is greasy, if the rug has ever been surface cleaned, it won't matter how much you beat the damn thing - it's not coming out until you wash that puppy and scrub it out.

Lisa
Great post. Totally agree. We have the same setup.

What grid system do you recommend?
I have 2 metal grid rolls from badger. I want more area of grid floor but would like a heavy plastic. Any recommendations?

Ron K

We've never been able to scrub out what the Sanitare gets out. Some rugs that have had improper cleaning after ineffective dusting require dusting,washing then dusting again to remove the dry grit. We've actually had to rewash a rug every once and a while. It seems the washing process "relaxes/opens up the rug" to allow even more dry soil removal. It took 20 years to grind that dirt in there you can't get it out in 5 minutes.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just went and bought these plastic open mats from Menards. I put them together in 4 foot squares and also some 1 foot by 4 foot strips for larger rugs to build my grids. I also have hanging storage shelves that I can raise and lower with a drill from my shop ceiling that are 4 foot square, so the reason for the grid size I set up.

Each grid was 1 foot square and came in a pack I think of 10 for about $14. They have worked well for us.

2013-11-11151724_zpsb98cc54c.jpg

2013-11-11150142_zpsf4ee81bc.jpg

2013-11-11151816_zps459f05f7.jpg

Last edited:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We use the sanitaire with the beater bar inserts on drag grids for the back
A Windsor to vacuum top side
A certified pile lifter for hairy rugs. Robert Mann taught me that one. I picked mine up by trading my local sweeper shop for a 36" Windsor I had.
View attachment 3319

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom