sanitizing/disinfecting

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Saw an interview a while back. One of the networks prime time, talking with an industry CEO of an airline.
Discussion just what we would expect. On the situation they are in along with all of us.
He was telling all they are doing to put the public at ease so they will fly .
One of their protocals is the spraying their planes with an electrostatic process. What I am wondering about,--- he said the treatment kill for 30 days. !!!!!!!!!!!!?? Can they tout that?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Saw an interview a while back. One of the networks prime time, talking with an industry CEO of an airline.
Discussion just what we would expect. On the situation they are in along with all of us.
He was telling all they are doing to put the public at ease so they will fly .
One of their protocals is the spraying their planes with an electrostatic process. What I am wondering about,--- he said the treatment kill for 30 days. !!!!!!!!!!!!?? Can they tout that?

It would take some pretty unusual chemistry to create an antiviral surface that could effectively inactivate the SARS CoV2. There are coatings that kill bacteria for that time frame, but bacteria are living things; viruses are RNA duplication machines that aren't easily understood as living.

Then there is this:

"EPA does not recommend use of fumigation or wide-area spraying to control COVID-19. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you clean contaminated surfaces with liquid products, such as those provided on List N, to prevent the spread of disease. Read CDC's recommendations. Fumigation and wide-area spraying are not appropriate tools for cleaning contaminated surfaces."

All of that said, there are remarkable innovations in chemistry invented every day. I would imagine we'd see a lot of use of this type of technology protecting our front line health care facilities if such technology was widely accepted.

We'll see....

What I am stating next has nothing to do with the above statement by Rick; I have no first hand knowledge of the company involved, the product, or process that they actually are using:

I am all too aware of people fogging disinfectant that is not labeled to be fogged, and that cannot inactivate virus when fogged, and claiming they are making places safe.

This is why I don't sleep much at night any longer.

KSL

Name
Kent
They are using Electrostatic sprayers not foggers. We use them daily in our janitorial business. My impression is that they will be doing this on a daily basis at a minimum.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
They are using Electrostatic sprayers not foggers. We use them daily in our janitorial business. My impression is that they will be doing this on a daily basis at a minimum.

I've long been impressed by benefits of electrostatic spraying.

If the product is labeled to be applied by an electostatic sprayer and can completely break through the biofilm that tends to inactivate most treatments for virus, it would be very beneficial.

Its important to follow label directions of the product and all existing guidelines and regulations.

Reactions: KSL

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
It would take some pretty unusual chemistry to create an antiviral surface that could effectively inactivate the SARS CoV2. There are coatings that kill bacteria for that time frame, but bacteria are living things; viruses are RNA duplication machines that aren't easily understood as living.

Then there is this:

"EPA does not recommend use of fumigation or wide-area spraying to control COVID-19. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you clean contaminated surfaces with liquid products, such as those provided on List N, to prevent the spread of disease. Read CDC's recommendations. Fumigation and wide-area spraying are not appropriate tools for cleaning contaminated surfaces."

All of that said, there are remarkable innovations in chemistry invented every day. I would imagine we'd see a lot of use of this type of technology protecting our front line health care facilities if such technology was widely accepted.

We'll see....

What I am stating next has nothing to do with the above statement by Rick; I have no first hand knowledge of the company involved, the product, or process that they actually are using:

I am all too aware of people fogging disinfectant that is not labeled to be fogged, and that cannot inactivate virus when fogged, and claiming they are making places safe.

I did not say the company on purpose. One of the biggest. I just found his statement a little interesting.
Knowing what little I know, it did not seem plausible to be able to make such a claim.
He did not mention any brand product. He did say it is an EPA approved agent. It reminded me of that elecrtostatic stuff that came out a few years ago and was marketed to our ilk.
Also, this statement was just a small part of the larger interview.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I did not say the company on purpose. One of the biggest. I just found his statement a little interesting.
Knowing what little I know, it did not seem plausible to be able to make such a claim.
He did not mention any brand product. He did say it is an EPA approved agent. It reminded me of that elecrtostatic stuff that came out a few years ago and was marketed to our ilk.
Also, this statement was just a small part of the larger interview.

Its better not to publicly address what any company is doing, especially in the times in which we live.

I'm not just being tactful when I measure my words; I don't know the details of the situation. They might also be doing a thorough cleaning and taking other measures that fall within existing guidelines.

What is most concerning are cleaners who just see the video clips of what's being done, then try to copy just the part that they saw.

Think of someone seeing a clip of a cleaner pushing a wand over a carpet and thinking that is all they need to do to clean a carpet.

Reactions: Rick J

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Its better not to publicly address what any company is doing, especially in the times in which we live.

I'm not just being tactful when I measure my words; I don't know the details of the situation. They might also be doing a thorough cleaning and taking other measures that fall within existing guidelines.

What is most concerning are cleaners who just see the video clips of what's being done, then try to copy just the part that they saw.

Think of someone seeing a clip of a cleaner pushing a wand over a carpet and thinking that is all they need to do to clean a carpet.
Well then, obviously I have been doing it wrong all these years!!!!:biggrin:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes

Then there is this:

We'll see....

Take a pm and go nite nite!

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Doing another office tomorrow, its been vacant 7 wks :headscratch:

wiping down all horizontal hard surfaces shoulder height and below

all common touch points on the vertical, shoulder height and below

fog the airspace and hand them a disclaimer and bill

they get to fill out their H&S manual

bunch of stoopid$

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Thirty days is quite ridiculous.
90 days on one I use...
20200514_000210.jpg

but like Jim said, its the antibacterial side not viral

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
but like Jim said, its the antibacterial side not viral

Thank you for posting that.

This is what concerns me with the claims I'm seeing.

Its not that I'm saying its not possible to make that claim, just that I haven't been able to find clear documentation that such technology exists beyond bacteriacidal products.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When people say "But I saw people fogging on TV, it must work!", I remind them that Listerine used to advertise that gargling with that horrid stuff prevented colds.

Then I get blank stares and realize the FTC made them stop saying that in 1971, and most people I know weren't born yet at that time..... :frown:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
90 days on one I use...
It provides long term protection against mould, mildew, algae and yeast.
That's it and all it promises.
The label is the law.
Promising more than the label says or using it in any way not specified by the label creates a vulnerability to the law.
Lawyers will be very busy after all this is over.

We say this and only this-
We cleaned the specific area/item and we applied X product according to the label. Documented. The end. We don't make promises...the label does.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I guess Iā€™m the other extreme. We tell them thereā€™s no Long lasting effects to it. But Iā€™m Not selling to general public. My customers know the labels what is required and what to expect. If they try to push the boundaries, which some do (priests), business managers and I discuss it. They all have lawyers, so weā€™re all on the same page. My relationships are different than most. Weā€™ll be spraying between services, but after buildings clear and no one is allowed in at a minimum of 20 min. We donā€™t make ridiculous claims, in fact we do just the opposite. Itā€™s more profitable.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Dozens (no exaggeration) of calls each day about this.

Guys who can't be troubled to do anything but clean synthetic fiber carpet are now trying to be virologists....
Yeah, that damn curve does'nt know flat till it sees a crap olefin!!!!! :biggrin:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You named them , not me!! :biggrin:
šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø I wouldnā€™t have known if I didnā€™t see them on the news. I know itā€™s Victory, because thatā€™s what I use. By the way, I have an additional one ordered and confirmed at regular price. Iā€™m excited.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Thank you for posting that.

This is what concerns me with the claims I'm seeing.

Its not that I'm saying its not possible to make that claim, just that I haven't been able to find clear documentation that such technology exists beyond bacteriacidal products.
I've used that product awhile in commercial bathrooms

when this crap hit the fan, the sales rep rung up all excited wanting to know how much extra product I wanted as it killed viruses for 90 days

I told him he needed to read the label and data sheet for what he sold

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I've been amused by the number of industry suppliers pushing all the foggers and cobbled together misting guns for sale.

I guess I can't really fault them for meeting demand, but it still strikes me as borderline unscrupulous.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I've been amused by the number of industry suppliers pushing all the foggers and cobbled together misting guns for sale.

I guess I can't really fault them for meeting demand, but it still strikes me as borderline unscrupulous.
I dont have a problem with suppliers, or service providers, if they understand the products and how to use them

bothers me when some of the franchise companies who can't vacuum an office properly, start offering covid-19 cleans

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I sold 3 old foggers. Got a golden eagle thermofogger left. Not working, probably needs the carb rebuilt or something but I should probably advertise it again.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom