Santa came today.

I found this at conncetions and loved the size and price at 109.00

Got mine today !!
XL-3RCZ2.JPG

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I got one just like it for my Birthday a month ago. Fluke makes the only distance meters that I have been able to find that can measure over 60 Ft. That model measures up to 100 ft. They have another model that works out to 200 ft. You will look a lot cooler with that then with the wheel stick or counting drop ceiling tiles.

Name
Nate W.
Nice score Chris. I love my Leica Disto D2. It's slim and pricey like me :lol: but it gets the job done for me. :D

Name
BradFenstermaker
Nice Chris, I had a conversation about those today. My older sonic tape cant go over 40ft.

Embarrassing when you have to shoot the area twice to get a reading. Of course the customer is watching.

Is the Fluke a laser? Where did you purchase?

Thanks

Walt

The old sonic styles were embarrassing - a different reading every time.

The fatmax available at home depot was made by Leica and was good for 100 feet or so with very good accuracy.

The new Bosch model available at HD (the evil empire) is good for 130-140 feet with very good accuracy. It also has built in stabilization.

Both cost me 99 bucks.

I ran the FatMax for the last year. Worked well but the red dot became fuzzy and them it went kaput. I tried this due to the fact it was smaller and wanted to try a diffrent brand in hopes it would last longer.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I could never understand why people still use a wheel to measure. Got a fatmax 3 years ago and it still works good.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Glad i saw this post i was about to go order a wheel.. we have never measured rooms before. we may start.. I woul dlike some advicde om measuring. seems dumb but i gotta know. what if your not cleaning the whole room ( they may not want all furniture moved) or for odd shaped rooms..?? video any one?:) thanks:)

Demien

Pleasanton, Ca. (just east of San Francisco)
Name
Demien lucero
I've been useing a hilti for the last at least 3 years. Has worked with out any issues what so ever. It can be a great conversation starter. It also raised my prices because it was much more accurate than the roller tape. When I purchased mine it was like $300. It more than paid for it self in the first 2 weeks with the Additional squarefootage it calculated.
Demein

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have used the same fat max for almost three years good up to a 100 ft. and
the only thing I have done is replace the battery. (100.00) worth every penny.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
i bought the bosch today, seems nice, If only i can figure out how to use it. lol The directions that came with it suck. I guess I still have to use the calculator with it to get the Sq. feet

joeynbgky said:
i bought the bosch today, seems nice, If only i can figure out how to use it. lol The directions that came with it suck. I guess I still have to use the calculator with it to get the Sq. feet

No they all figure out the SF and CF if you need it.

Walt

joeynbgky said:

It will do linear, square and cubic feet - all added up for you. I didn't read the directions since it worked similarly to the Fat Max.

Once you figure it out, you will be very, very pleased.

Walt

Brian Robison said:
$20.00 at Lowes

That one uses a laser pointer with a sonic measurer. You can measure a room a few times and get a different reading each time. Sometimes so exaggerated either way it's embarrassing.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Charles Lyman said:
I could never understand why people still use a wheel to measure. Got a fatmax 3 years ago and it still works good.

Not all rooms are square.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Charles,

I have two different units. A fatmax and something else I can't remember.

BUT I got the wheel because when I have to measure commercial, that what's needed.

The ultrasonic unit goes up to 10-12 meters the lasers a bit further 15-20 I think but the last place I measured, the longest run was 60 meters clear in one length.

Now I use the most appropriate tool for the job I have to measure.

John

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tool ... id=DLR165K

This is the one I have. It measures up to 165' and its one of the best things I have bought. It makes measuring for sq ft pricing simple. There is a square feet feature that makes finding the sq ft of a room a breeze. I love it for measuring restoration jobs. It also looks high tech and more professional to the customers then using a tape measure or a rolling tape measure.
Anyone that has used it wants one. I used a fluke and was very disappointed I didn't have my bosch on me. It may have been an older model.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom