Saphire Uph Tool Comparison with Hydrokinetic Tool

Mikey P

Administrator
hhhmm lets see who's endorsement should I consider..

Jim, Mr Upholstery, Pemberton
or Ron, balsa wood micro thin POS sofa test, Warner... :shock:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
JHC Mikey.........don't do that!

Ron pays attention to detail and really gives a damn about the outcomes of the jobs he works on. That carries a lot of weight in my book.

RThode

Name
Rick Thode
Jim Pemberton said:
JHC Mikey.........don't do that!

Ron pays attention to detail and really gives a damn about the outcomes of the jobs he works on. That carries a lot of weight in my book.

Jim

From what you saw in the video, do you feel that there was something wrong with the tools operation, the setup or possibly Ron's technique or possibly just getting used to a different feel of a new tool?

One of the main reasons I went to Mikefest was to demo the new Drimaster tool. I was not impressed at all.

Then I tried the HK tool and could not believe how easy the tool was to use, how well it cleaned, how much flushing power it had, and how dry it left the fabric. The only bad thing about it was the fact that it left lines from the hole glide on the most popular fabric sold (microfiber).

I currently use a PMF enclosed not internal spray upholstery tool. I really like it, but my wrist gets tired on a big job.

The HK tool is a bit heavy and is overpriced imo.

I wouldn't mind demoing a saphire tool, but for now I am going to continue with what I have been using for the past 8 years.

I cleaned a large sectional today with the Everest running in idle speed at 200 psi. I might really like an internal tool, but I have never used one and was a little upset one was not at Mikefest.

You just have to try different things and use what you like.

Overall I really liked the HK tool and would buy one if a deal came along.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
do I need 3 uph tools or just one?

I use 3
th_IMG_0421.jpg

th_IMG_0422.jpg

th_IMG_0423.jpg

The PC is for when the customer is watching, greenies stair tool is for settees, mattresses and dog rubbed sofa backs and the spray gun and drapery tool see the most use and leave the fabric the driest and cleanest.
Luis

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The uph pro that I got from Jim, rocks.

Been doing lots of uph with it.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Maybe it's because I'm up top down under, but I get confused when I read a lot of these posts about equipment, especially upholstery tools.

I love cleaning upholstery, true, it doesn't make me as much money as protection for the time involved.

It doesn't even make me the same hourly rate I can get with commercial carpets.

But it craps all over residential carpet cleaning when you consider the ROI.

So a decent upholstery tool may cost $500.00

Bloody hell, that TWO lousy upholstery jobs. :shock:

How pedantic are we going to be about everything we buy & use.??

So many times I see professionals that want the cheapest price they can get for chemicals and equipment, then expect to get the highest dollar for their services.

Get the best that is most comfortable for you to use and work out how to get the best results out of it.

You don't need the biggest, most expensive piece of equipment to obtain excellent results.

Know your products and what you are working on, then charge accordingly.

If you're not happy and comfortable with a tool, then you most likely won't give it your best shot, and the results would only be average.

Connections will be the place to test out those tools and see what you really like.

Haggle the price before you part with your money if you're that way inclined, and figure out how long it will take to recoup the money you have just spent.

You may be surprised at how quick this is.

That's my bitch over with on this subject. shiteatinggrin

Ooroo,

:roll:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
danielc said:
One of the main reasons I went to Mikefest was to demo the new Drimaster tool. I was not impressed at all.

Then I tried the HK tool and could not believe how easy the tool was to use, how well it cleaned, how much flushing power it had, and how dry it left the fabric. The only bad thing about it was the fact that it left lines from the hole glide on the most popular fabric sold (microfiber).

I currently use a PMF enclosed not internal spray upholstery tool. I really like it, but my wrist gets tired on a big job.

The HK tool is a bit heavy and is overpriced imo.

I wouldn't mind demoing a saphire tool, but for now I am going to continue with what I have been using for the past 8 years.

I cleaned a large sectional today with the Everest running in idle speed at 200 psi. I might really like an internal tool, but I have never used one and was a little upset one was not at Mikefest.

You just have to try different things and use what you like.

Overall I really liked the HK tool and would buy one if a deal came along.

The old style Hydrokinetic tool does seem a bit more gentle and does not seem to leave the marks like the newer style will on a few fabrics. The only trouble with the old tool is that the valve maker changed it somehow so it fails quickly, but I think there is an adapter kit that will use a different valve. I usually use the newer style, but occasionally will take out the old one.

Chads

Supportive Member
I dont know about you guys but I really do like my Kleenrite tool , especially with a glide. and if your not using a glide on upholstery you are missing out. thats where a glide really shines. I dont you glides that much on carpet but when it comes to upholstery I always do and wont go back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom