Saphire upholstery tool issues

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I hate to jump back into this again but I would really like to know who sold you this item. We are finding more and more cases of unauthorized distributors trying to make a quick dime selling the Upholstery Pro and other Sapphire products and then leaving the cleaners to fend for themselves when they need help. Please pm me with the info

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Daryl

Give me your address and I'll send you a hose that will work. No charge.

starrett

Thanks Jim, but I just finished installing a section of 1 1/2 I had laying around here.You are the second distributer to step up and offer a new hose, that says volumes. Too bad the one it was purchased from was such a dick about it. The old hose is easily crushed between your fingers and appered to have similar weight to the one I just installed. Time will tell if it is any better.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I wanted to give a run down on how SS responded.
I bought the tools in Nashville 2 at mikefest and then one from Cleaner deopt who were great. They are a class outfit. I had trouble with the hose immediately In passing talking to Jim Bethel I mentioned this(he is just a guy who sets up TM etc) within 12 hours I had 2 or 3 messages from steve poulos and 2 emails from Bethel. Every person wanted this is issue resolved but I am a pretty busy guy so i didn't have time to pull together the stuff they were asking for. Today I received a 10 percent off coupon in the mail for ss products and a commitment from SS and a couple suppliers to replace the hoses.

Great Job thanks guys

S

sam miller

I have had mine for 6 months approx have used it only in first gear for the most part on a 405 and the hose seam better then the one that comes ona ps tool thats used to crack all the time it needed serious babying.

I get a whistle from the hide a hose cuff never seen it colapse but I never run heat exchanger when cleaning upholstery.

Well we did run in second gear my son used a #4 flow sbend wand and I cleaned a sectional with heat exchanger on once but thats not the norm itnever colapsed on me but I dont fight with my hose and try and make something bend when it shouldnt or stretch when I'am short.

I would say the hideahose and grey vac hose is way better then original prochem tool the head may not last near as long but it dries upholstery faster and cleans better for the most part.

The other thing is a guy doing the work himself as opposed to an employee beating the crap out of the equipment could play alittle part in whats going on.

asupremeclean

I just purchased a new van and installed a ss570. I was given the upholstery pro with the purchase. I had seen this post on here before I got the tool and asked my disty if he could look into getting a different hose like the one Jim was talking about. I even went so far as to tell him where i heard of this issue. He said he would look into it. He did get back to me and said that no one has heard of such a problem. Said he talked with his SS reps. and that I should give it a try and see what happens. I did 4 chairs with it for its maiden voyage and I worked the tool like I normally work my other upholstery tools and immediately had the same issues. Obviously a major flaw. Now the tool itself is fantastic but the hose is garbage. I hope they have made the change with all new ones going forward or they may have some p oed custys.
Why would my disty send me off with a flawed tool even after talking w his "SS reps"?
Out with the old in with the new? Just curious.

Billy

Name
BH
Hm not sure how I feel about the comments & explanation for hose but I am thinking on this since one of my planned purchases to cut down on my larger than I like contribution to the KGB this year was going to be the SS upholstery tool.

I know I could see issues with hose quickly with our setup though. Although our Black Dri-Master is using same hose that it came with so not sure.

I really have heard so many positives about it I was sold but I really can't stand paying good money for something that needs repairs quickly.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Unfortunately we have determined that our supplier changed the plastic used for producing the vacuum hose on at least two batches which we purchased. We have new hose coming from a new supplier in a couple of weeks and of course will replace the hose for anyone who is having a problem.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just go buy a 20ft length of 1 1/2" superflex.
Go to your local hose supplier, have them put the small quick connects on the hose, use the existing hide-a-hose cuff, run a new 20ft length of parflex through the hose.
DSC_0503.jpg

The hose on my HK tool was too short and too stiff. If anything, it weren't going to kink or collapse!
The Superflex hose is great. It light, very flexible, is not going to collapse or kink, and having 20ft of it gives lots of maneuverability when cleaning uph.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom