Sapphire 12" Titanium Wand-Design flaw?

The Boot

Name
John
Purchased this wand on the fly. I was waiting for a Westpak but with material supply back up I decided to go with this one.
It has 11001's for the inside jets and 9001's for the outer ones. After changing out to 8001's on the out side it still has an overspray past the edge guards of at least 1" and the spray pattern is about 1" behind the rear of the guards.
Any thoughts on how to fix both problems? Anyone else out there dealing with this? FYI my SS westpak keeps all spray in side of the edge guards with no over spray at the wand head.
Hope I didn't just waste 1K for this by jumping the gun.

The Boot

Name
John
Even the almighty devastator oversprays the same amount..
Interesting, my old heavy stainless westpak doesn't have any over spray. Even with the 9501's the overspray was at least 2". The spray pattern is 1" behind the rear of the side guard. It appears there is no way to adjust to eliminate either problem.
If this wand is the best wand ever then I'll take a WestPak Titanium inferior wand any day now. Should have listened to my gut and waited for the WestPak. Any body in the market for a slightly used "best wand ever". Endorsed by the every knowing Mike on youtube but wait there's more I'll even include a holed glide at no charge. lol

• Wow
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Interesting, my old heavy stainless westpak doesn't have any over spray. Even with the 9501's the overspray was at least 2". The spray pattern is 1" behind the rear of the side guard. It appears there is no way to adjust to eliminate either problem.
If this wand is the best wand ever then I'll take a WestPak Titanium inferior wand any day now. Should have listened to my gut and waited for the WestPak. Any body in the market for a slightly used "best wand ever". Endorsed by the every knowing Mike on youtube but wait there's more I'll even include a holed glide at no charge. lol
Your jets are too small. Go to 1.5's or 2's. They won't atomizer as much. A little over spray can be a good thing.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Purchased this wand on the fly. I was waiting for a Westpak but with material supply back up I decided to go with this one.
It has 11001's for the inside jets and 9001's for the outer ones. After changing out to 8001's on the out side it still has an overspray past the edge guards of at least 1" and the spray pattern is about 1" behind the rear of the guards.
Any thoughts on how to fix both problems? Anyone else out there dealing with this? FYI my SS westpak keeps all spray in side of the edge guards with no over spray at the wand head.
Hope I didn't just waste 1K for this by jumping the gun.
Did you turn your jets to hit the corner of the wand or do you have them shooting parallel with the vacuum slot.

The Boot

Name
John
Did you turn your jets to hit the corner of the wand or do you have them shooting parallel with the vacuum slot.
Been there done that. I believe the main problem is that the spray pattern is at least 1 1/2" from the vacuum slot.
When adjusting to hit the edge of the corner the spray is almost to the bend of the wand.

The Boot

Name
John
I should add that when looking at the wand from the side the jets are positioned parallel with the front of the wand.
No angle towards the front.

The Boot

Name
John
Your jets are too small. Go to 1.5's or 2's. They won't atomizer as much. A little over spray can be a good thing.
FYI, Years ago I had 1's on my westpak 4 jet wand with no overspray. I currently use 1.5's on it. I am almost believing that this is either a design flaw or I got a turd.

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
FYI, Years ago I had 1's on my westpak 4 jet wand with no overspray. I currently use 1.5's on it. I am almost believing that this is either a design flaw or I got a turd.
Chances are the manifold isn't set right. I don't seem to get any overspray with my westpak. Not noticeable anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom