Sapphire Scientific- Why health hazard 2 on chemicals?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Kernm1229 said:
To follow on Bill’s responses, some other details are noteworthy:

• The number 2 health hazard refers to potential risks under conditions of “Intense or continued exposure”. Since all of you continuously use the product (as least we hope you will!), this condition seems most applicable.
• When dealing with dilute solutions of most alkaline products, it is wise to rinse in the event of exposure. Even if the ready to use solution presents no immediate risk (and truck mount rated products are very heavily diluted), as the water evaporates, the effective concentration of alkali increases. So you know that itchy feeling you get on the back of your hands at the end of the day? A little rinse helps with that.
• Finally, thanks for raising the question. This is good, healthy discussion and helps to keep everybody sharp. If you ever have a question about a Sapphire Scientific product, you can also call our tech support line or use Live Chat on the website.

And back to the subject: Does it have to be rated 2 to be a reasonably strong and efficient detergent?
For example: "Dry Slurry" by your 'favorite' manufacturer is rated 1 and it is plenty strong.
Again, am I missing something?

supersoaker

Name
Michael Malandruccolo
Their dynaforce detergent is the best I've used by far. 8oz in my 2.5 gallon container blew away prochem's Dry Slurry.

Thanks for Jon Don for shipping it to me at no extra cost since they never had it in at their Roselle location.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Have they changed the formula on the dynaforce since last year? If not maybe ill try my year old bottle. But it says I have to go back over it with a rinse. How did u use itt

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

S

sam miller

Ofer Kolton said:
I'd be happy if Joe Domin or Bill Bruder or anybody with Sapphire can explain this.
Why in this day and age, where most manufacturers' detergents and presprays have a health rating of 1, yours have the health rating of 2.

http://www.sapphirescientific.com/Uploa ... 0Apr09.pdf

http://www.sapphirescientific.com/Uploa ... 0Apr09.pdf

Now, I don't want anybody to take this to be a thread about trashing or bad mouthing, because it ain't.
I am truly curious.

Am I missing something?
Are other manufacturers, shall we say: 'creative with the truth'?
Or, you do not consider that to be much of an issue?

Please inform.
Thanks

My guess would be these are not the chemicals your looking for to be the expert green cleaner you advertise try element 8 or soap free and when SS advertise's green chemicals try them!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You are right Clayton, I don't.

The only times we use these kind of products, is if the carpets are trashed and if the product does offer some excellent cleaning performance. That is why I inquired.
We will follow it with some extra rinses.

Also, since these days everybody claims 'green' 'biodegradable' (all possibly meaningless claims,) we check a lot more before using a specific product.

GCP

scottw said:
I don't work for SS but we do distribute their products. So, I know a little about them. But I will not answer specifically about SS, just about formulators in general.

When manufacturers formulate products they have choices to make about how powerful the finished product will be. There are plenty of aggressive ingredients that can be included. But how aggressively a product performs must be balanced with potential damage to a carpet or floor and potential harm to the user or other folks.

Someone could have asked the question "Why doesn't brand X make their products stronger?" Each company makes different choices when balancing aggressive cleaning with safety.

Sometimes I get phone calls from end-users who say, "I tried ___________ (Insert name of any Bridgepoint product) and it did not completely get the stain out. But when I used ___________ (Insert name of competing product) the stain was completely gone. Why don't you make your product stronger?"

I also get calls from people who say "I used __________ (insert name of competing product) and it removed color from the carpet. How can I fix this?"

There are buyers who want stronger cleaning agents. there are buyers who want safer cleaning agents. Each manufacturer would love to have products that everybody loves, but not everyone wants the same things.

It is a balancing act. Different folks make different choices. If a safer products works for your business, by all means use. If you feel you need a more aggressive product, buy that but use it with care.

exactly... great post..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom