Saved by the glide.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Well, I pulled an almost oopsie today.

Had 150' run of hose standard 2" with the compressions couplers and a 10' whip for half the job of 1.5" so I didn't have to run another 50' of 2". Hate the whip because of loss of air flow to the wand. Prochem quadjet, greenie inhanced with hole glide and jet extenders runnning 12 flow (4-03's). Thought everything seemed to trigger kinda of hard today or I was maybe sore. Around 1600 sqft nice upper class residential. Packed up and thought I had used more water than I would have. Got back to rinse area of the showroom before unloading and realize I was rinsing at 900 to 1000 psi... WHOOPS! First area was dry in 20 to 30 min. Upstairs was about 40 mins. turns out I left the pressure up when i was rinsing the van off before brining it in the other night. Lessons learned: Always check pressure gage. Slipped by me today. Always run glides to save my butt.

BTW. Stock 4.8 CDS. No vac upgrades except wand.

No doubt in my mind the hole glide and settign the jets angled at the glide saved my gluteus maximus!

So who else has been saved by greenie improvements?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
sweendogg said:
So who else has been saved by greenie improvements?

Lady called and wanted me to come out that day because her son suddenly died and people would be coming over. I agreed and came out at 7 pm after a long hard day. I remember thinking that the 1500 sf of berber would not be so tough this time because I had my new hybrid glides. I was right. Worked until 9 and I wasn't trashed like I usually was at her house pre-glide.

G

Amazing how you with your Cds can do what I could not do with a Vortex.There is too much BS on the dry times around here.Not to burst your bubble,because alot of guys around here say the same thing and it is just misleading to guys that dont know any better.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ok here we go dry time.. whats dry.. Dry.. does not set off the moisture probe dry least that is my standard... Now here are some more details. Most wand strokes were single or a few double wet pulls by 2 or 3 dry strokes. Also lets consider the vortex as a 6.0 GPM pump, CDS= 4.2 GPM... So.. consider these numbers plus the wand restrictions and the hose couplers and and I bet ATW Pressure was about 5 or 600. Also remember bigger jet size means more flushing less pressure. I think Greenie was the one who said that a greenhorn wand flushing with a pump at 700 psi was equivilant to 400 psi. Now take a true Greenhorn and a vortex with the available pumping power and the pump at 900 or 1000 psi and I bet I'd be laying down quite a bit more water. Just some numbers to crunch and think about.

G

I hear you, and at the moment I use an evolution wand with 6 #2s,it would be different degrees of dry. My idea of dry might be completly different than the next.

Greenie

I've been asked many times...what is your idea of dry?
I'd have to honestly say Dry is what the carpet felt like before you started.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I guess I should elaborate. The carpet does feel like it did before it started but I have noticed that with air paths, you can get the top of the fibers to feel completely try but still have moisture trapped below the pile air interface and even into backing a little bit on a dense pile carpet. So I use both the carpet feels dry and sometimes the moisture probe when I'm just not sure.

However before this snowballs back to whats dry is dry is dry discussion.. The point I was making is that Greenie your products and ideologies are not only top notch but are great insurance for the peace of mind. If can mistakenly clean carpets at those high pressure without completely overwetting then by golly, I'm one happy cleaner.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
I'd have to honestly say Dry is what the carpet felt like before you started.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

I really wish some of yoiunz would use THAT standard and do side by side comparisons with the different glide configs

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom