Saw A First Today....For me.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I was cleaning upholstery today for an insurance job, and I generally don't pay much attention to the label attached to the couch under the cushions. Well, this one was from a local CC'er, replacing the factory label, with his company name, phone, and cleaning instructions for the upholstery. It was a white fabric, which cleaned up well, and I used a fine fabric PS and an acid misting before final vaccing. Came out great, but the label.....never seen that before. Probably from an upholstery cleaning class, or a JPolish sales seminar. Maybe even Jim Pemberton came up with this idea. Anyone else doing this??

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Robert sounds like a great idea.......except it must not work if you're cleaning the upholstery and the cleaner that left the sticker isn't. :shock:

:mrgreen:

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
I have never run into that either, but 25 some years ago when I was doing windows I used to leave my card on the sill of the worst high ladder work.

Name
I'm Rick James
Is that like ripping off the warning tag on your mattress. Not that it matters, I have seen the same exact furniture.. one with an "S" code and the other is a "W" code.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It's pretty common for the HVAC guys to put their sticker/label on the furnace if they've serviced it

I see plumbing outfits putting them on the water heaters at times too

..l.T.A.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Lee (my father) met a cleaner in a class he taught in Utah back in the 70's who did this. I think he had a Duraclean franchise, but I'm not sure.

We brought up the idea in his classes and later in mine, but frankly I'd forgotten about it and don't remember the last time I brought it up.

In your case Bob, it either didn't help him stay in business, or if he still is, it wasn't a terrific customer retention device.

Like most such ideas, they are useless if there isn't a complete chain of customer retention practices to go along with them.

All that said, I'm going to start discussing it again in class.

gavin

it might not generate business, but it would be a great way to remember how you cleaned it last time.

Name
Nate W.
When I went to SFS a guy named Sonny Winters brought that up... He said his pops been doing it for awhile. Had some nice tags made up... He one the SFS tip thing...

Like Jim P. said, "Like most such ideas, they are useless if there isn't a complete chain of customer retention practices to go along with them."

It's just another aid to help remember you...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom