Saw this nice space heater at the Big E Fair ,today...

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
The Big E attracts more or less a million people every yr.In its 17 day or so run...

I saw this heater looks very impressive,cheap to run and very safe an effiecent.I did not check price so ?I cannot comment on that as of yet but here is the phone number,no visible link to give?

203 668 7302 the name is Edenpure Gen 3 model 1000, width 13 ",height 20", amps low 8.12,high 12.5,covergae upto 1000 square feet.

The man was sitting on it as it blasted heat out...

Hopefully you can do a search to see the product?
As I stated above price was not mentioned due to so many people crowding around it ?

double check Sun Twin heaters also...the manufacturer ?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
For those cleaners that might wantto keep there equipment warm...

Looks far more efficent then a ceramic...

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Ok,the one I saw heats 1000 square feet for less money then the 750 version,You mentiond. Is kool to touch and has a 3 year warranty .

How is 20 by 17 too big ? An on wheels? An at 26 lbs seesm very solidly built?

I ordered one when I went back later tonite ? I have see n lots of guys use heaters butthis one looks far superior to most I have ever seen.If yours gets hot to touch ?Where is the safety for either your hands and or equipment stored near it ?

Not trying to argue,it just that mine seems far superior? An at low it should remain comfortably warm all nite?
An yes it is the one Paul Harvey recommends ? But just an alternative for those that have never heard of this product.I be the field test guinea pig .

We will see how it works with the remote temp sensors in the truck a few times ?

Jimbo

Hey Ceez...we had one of those a couple of years back to keep our small garage warm for puppies...worked great...the garage is about 400 sq ft...with 12' ceilings...they work by heating some copper tubes with a quartz heater...then a small circulation fan to circulate the air...we resold ours via craigslist...like in a couple of hours!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
No argument here. Not saying that is not a good choice. It's just too big for MY van I should say. I want to install one permanently and not to remove each morning. Just wanted to ad another lesser known option, especially for guys like me who have limited space and have propane lines.

What's nice about those engine compartment boat heaters is that they mounted in any position and have have a very reliable built in thermostat to prevent freezing. The fan keeps running for an optimum time after the heater cycles so they are economical to run:

Economical to Use -
750 Watt Model - Cost 6¢/Hr. of operation.
250 Watt Model - Cost 2¢/Hr. of operation.
(Based on average electricity cost of 8¢/KWH).

BSAT & Jr. - Automatic Thermostat - Factory calibrated and pre-set to activate at 45°F (approx). Thermostat is an integral component of heater unit.

They are an industrial design and will last for many years. As for safety, they are as safe as you can get:

The BoatSafe® Marine Engine Compartment Heaters are designed and manufactured to meet U.S. Coast Guard Ignition Protection Standards.

They are made for the engine compartment where you have combustible vapors.

Al

I have a JC Whitney school bus style heater mounted in the box but that runs off of the radiator, so it's only in use when the engine is running.

100_1805.jpg

Yes, we do love it

Al

Thats a great idea Al! Did you just splice the lines for the cabs heater core? How do you have it wired?

yes, It was a 2 hour job at most, I have a three setting switch mounted in the dash.

8)

John Buxton

It would be real nice to have a remote starter rigged up to a thermostat to automatically start the truck when a predetermined low temp was reached and shut off the truck at a preset high temp.

It could be done in case of an electric failure.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
John Buxton said:
It would be real nice to have a remote starter rigged up to a thermostat to automatically start the truck when a predetermined low temp was reached and shut off the truck at a preset high temp.

It could be done in case of an electric failure.

John some remote starters have that feature as an option. you might just have to purchase an additional temp sensor or something.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Ron Werner said:
you'll be in bed unaware the power is out, the temp will fall, all of a sudden your truck starts, and you jump up thinking someone is stealing your truck!! haha

Haha! Thats true. Plus i think your truck would be running most of the night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom