Saw this over on ICS...why not posted here?

Greenie

Lee is correct, Having Rob Hanks at MF6 and on the brochure isn't adding any credibility, and is most definitely associating MF with ILS....which ins't necessarily what everyone wants.

Especially with such an obviously transparant grab at customers nationally... Cleaners do not quickly forget those that try to sell to their customers around them.

randy

Name
Randy
It kind of reminds me of a scene I saw in a movie I rented the other night... "Public Enemies" The cops were all after John Dillinger, and at one point John walked right into police headquarters. He walked right into the Dillinger unit and looked at all the pictures on the walls and even asked a couple cops that were sitting there watching a ball game the score. They never even noticed that he was there.[/quote]

I need to rent that when it hits RED Box. From what I have read that actually happened, amazing. When I was in the 5Th grade we toured the FBI building in DC. (closed to the public after 9/11). Agents did a live fire demo with a machine gun and handgun. We saw the rifle that Oswald supposedly used to assassinate Kennedy and the " gun" that Dillinger whittled out of soap. When we got back to school to the extreme horror of our teachers , there was a line of kids waiting to ask the principle JAMES Dillinger if he was related to the famous bank robber. He smiled and said that was my uncle, but I never met him. When we get back to the classroom the meanest teacher I have ever known launched into a triad about judging people because of their family and how wrong that is. With that the class clown raised his hand and said, " Ms. Coleman are you really a communist ? Our neighbor is an FBI agent and he told my Dad that you are a Communist".

Just about everyone then started asking, what's a Communist ?
Recently a bit of goggle research found her still being discussed on a forum by some of her old students. Apparently she was a communist, not that I knew what that even was back then.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The original question was why the post was on ICS and not here. Simle, the post was a direct response to a question on ICS about Home Pro By Design.

Several folks seem skeptical. That is their right.

If you want to know all about the program, come to Nashville for MF6 and hear about if direct from Rob Hanks. If you have unansered questions, you can ask him directly.

Let me fill in a few things about the program, that might help all to understand it better.

The products being sold through Home Pro by Design are daily use type products including wood furniture polish, air fresheners and deodorizers, glass cleaner, spot removers (for carpet and clothing), cleaners for stone and hard surface counter tops, product for daily/weekly mopping of stone floors or cermaic tile floors, wood furniture polish, bathroom bowl cleaner and so forth.

You may already have a program to provide your clients with spot remover to help retian that customer. With the possible exception of the carpet spotter, I don't see any of these products as having any damaging effect on your carpet cleaning business.

Your clients are already buying Windex, Pledge, fabreeze, Tilex and dozens of similar products for their home use. It is a multi-billion dollar industry.

With the slow economy, it seems to be a positive to have additional ways to make some money from your customers. Many of your customer's look to you as the cleaning professional and probably ask you about all manner of cleaning related topics. Those that want to get involved can now reccommend products and make a commission check.

One key concept was to avoid things that people did not like about other MLM companies. I once belonged to a MLM company (Amway). We purchased a lot of inventory that wa stock-piled in the garage. When we sold something we had to collect for it. This was not always a pleasant part of the business.Interestingly, some of the folks that started buying Amway products from me when i was just out of high-school continue to use Amway. Customer loyalty can make for a great residual income!

HPBD does not ask anyone to stock any inventory. So no big investment. No need for storage space. If customers buy a product, they pay for it on-line. You don't have any hard sellin, no bookeeping, no accounts recievable. Just a check when something was sold.

There are two divisions to Home Pro by Design. One has MLM aspects. The other is just directing people to a website to buy products. No signing-up people under you. You have a choice for either method. Most cleaners, have just signed up to do the product sales.

The MLM side is patterened after Pampered Chef or Sensi cndles or Tupperware. The products are demonstarted in a training event or home party setting. Cleaners can get into this part if they want, but most choose not to. This side of the company is for those who really want to spend some time trying to promote sales.

Scott

steve g

Name
steve garrett
so is this program actually being run by interlink/BP??? because the last program called bridgepoint direct was rolled out and hyped then people got ripped off and BP chose to duck for cover and say another company was responsible. its kinda sad when a company rolls out a new idea and people are automatically skeptical about it. some image building needs to be done.

Gimme a break. Bridgepoint is going to try and compete with SC Johnson by replacing windex and 409. Sorry, never going to happen.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Welcome back Scott!

I have some technical stuff that I think I'll ask you in another thread here so we can get a wide array of feedback.

Stay tuned.

LeeCory

Scott, What you wrote about the program sure as heck didn't help one bit.

You may try and make it sound like sugar and spice, but anything attached to Bridgepoint is anything but nice.

Please Scott.... Don't try and insult us any further. Didn't you fully support the other con job they pulled on cleaners?

If either option you speak of includes direct access to our customers it is pretty much the same thing. CRAP. Plus in either option the customer may end up on a monthly newsletter that we have no control over. Which means that they have gained complete control over our customers. And with complete control soon will come sales tactics that we wont like or can stop. Keep our customers out of Bridgepoints plans. WE are Bridgepoints customers, if that is not enough for them.... go suck rocks.

randy

Name
Randy
LeeCory said:
Scott, What you wrote about the program sure as heck didn't help one bit.

You may try and make it sound like sugar and spice, but anything attached to Bridgepoint is anything but nice.

Please Scott.... Don't try and insult us any further. Didn't you fully support the other con job they pulled on cleaners?

If either option you speak of includes direct access to our customers it is pretty much the same thing. CRAP. Plus in either option the customer may end up on a monthly newsletter that we have no control over. Which means that they have gained complete control over our customers. And with complete control soon will come sales tactics that we wont like or can stop. Keep our customers out of Bridgepoints plans. WE are Bridgepoints customers, if that is not enough for them.... go suck rocks.

Perhaps we shouldn't be Bridgepoint customers at all ! They obviously have zero respect for carpet cleaners, think we all are a bunch of idiots. Their last marketing rip off was "good" but then there is their treatment of original inventors (they are famous for screwing them over) and the company they bought to market an alternative to the "over priced carpet cleaner".
Why anyone would spend 10 cents with these greedy, self absorbed slick operators is beyond me. How much evidence does a person need before the realization hits that they don't give a rip about this industry and are just interested in plundering your customer base.

Anyone that falls for this deserves to get ripped off and should be banned from whining about it on this board when it inevitably happens. Maybe they will offer you another incremental refund if you continue to buy their overpriced line of bullshit.

LeeCory

I agree with Randy, what they are doing is showing that they have zero respect for our businesses.

What would you do if you walked into a store that you go to all the time and the owner walks up to you and says hi and then SPITS in your face. Would you continue to do business there?

You know what.... we all make mistakes.... possibly even Bridgepoint. HOWEVER the fact that they don't seem to learn from them would lead you to believe they intend to do the things they do. When that last scam fell apart, they simply should have said they were sorry and returned CASH to those involved that lost money.... and QUICKLY.

But they don't realize that the people they are spitting on "care".

The fact that they even think they can make a program that taps into our customers directly, and then send monthly sales newsletters is "spitting in our faces".

In either program Scott speaks of, you send your customer to a website to purchase products. The moment someone purchases a product from someone, they become one of their customers. The thing now is that they have as much right to that customer as you, cause it is one of their customers. So now you both are trying to sell your services to the same customer. They are going to possibly have more contact with that customer than you since they are going to send monthly newsletters.

Now in the future if you don't like what content is in the newsletters, or the information or products they are being offered, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? NOTHING, because you don't have the right to tell them what to do or not do with THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Get it? They can market whatever they want to "their customers", which is what your customer will become the moment they make a purchase directly from one of Bridgepoints websites...... THEIR CUSTOMER.

dgargan

Wow this is going to make MF very interesting. I am looking forward to hearing Mr Hanks but I have a long way to go before I trust BP again. I was one of the first to get burned by the BP direct program and although it was very unpleasant what really up set me and still to this day make my blood boil is how my complaints went unanswered when things started to fall apart. When the company handling the program started screwing up and I could not get them to fix things I started contacting everyone I could from BP. I emailed Scott W, Doyle Bloss, Rob hanks, and and our local supplier to let them know what was going on. All responded by saying they are looking into it and it will be taken care of. It wasn't. They continued to sign up new cleaners for several months knowing they had a problem. That is where they dropped the ball. If they would have listened to me and the few that were coming forward and put the brakes on the program until it was fixed they could have avoided a lot of thier problems and bad press. I got back most of my money and only lost a few hundred but what kills me was that I was posting on the boards to guys not to do this but still they continued to sign up and BP was glad to to it. Even though they knew they had big problems. They would not listen to us then and I don't see them doing it this time.

By the sounds of things they are going ahead with this despite all the negitives being brought up here. Again not listening. (we are just dumb bdcc's and "we just don't understand" the program. LOL!) In a year or less from now when cleaners start posting about how some of their customers are buying their "cool in home carpet cleaner" or buying the BP products direct from BP. (yes guys will still sign up for this no matter what) it will be interesting.

Bjorn

don't trust them don't trust Scott either

Remember when all this MD bull shit was going down it was having problems Scott was still trying to sell the damn thing

It was brought up live on pro cleaners about the problems

give them your customer list and then your customers will be getting adds for things like this

http://www.aquaair-wetdry.com/

anyone remember this till it was made public the ad read something like Don't pay the high price of professional carpet cleaning bla bla bla

of course it was changed

can you really trust these people?

randy

Name
Randy
Odin said:
don't trust them don't trust Scott either

Remember when all this MD bull shit was going down it was having problems Scott was still trying to sell the damn thing

It was brought up live on pro cleaners about the problems

give them your customer list and then your customers will be getting adds for things like this

http://www.aquaair-wetdry.com/

anyone remember this till it was made public the ad read something like Don't pay the high price of professional carpet cleaning bla bla bla

of course it was changed

can you really trust these people?

Trust them , NOPE, but it's Christmas so you should have a little Christmas cheer and sent them a fruitcake (from last years stock :lol: ).

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
steve g said:
so is this program actually being run by interlink/BP??? because the last program called bridgepoint direct was rolled out and hyped then people got ripped off and BP chose to duck for cover and say another company was responsible. its kinda sad when a company rolls out a new idea and people are automatically skeptical about it. some image building needs to be done.

Home Pro by Design is a separate company from either Bridgepoint or the Interlink Supply group of distributors. However, Home Pro by Design is owned by the Hank brothers who also own Bridgepoint. Thus Home Pro by Design is not under the control of an outside group. We here at Bridgepoint can keep in touch with what is going on.

Scott

LeeCory

"Home Pro by Design is a separate company from either Bridgepoint or the Interlink Supply group of distributors. However, Home Pro by Design is owned by the Hank brothers who also own Bridgepoint. Thus Home Pro by Design is not under the control of an outside group. We here at Bridgepoint can keep in touch with what is going on."

LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom