Saying no to a client

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
We had someone have us steam clean an office over 5 weeks ago. There were many spots throughout the whole place. Like black tar spots..nothing crazy. One room was totally bad. We went and did the job, and everything was fine. Just formula 90 and POG, simple stuff. Now she calls and says there are spots all over the carpet throughout the place. She is blaming us saying the spots were there before and now they have come back worse. I sent a tech there..he says that the room that was totally mangled looked fine but there were black spots everywhere else. I dont remember them being there when we first went to that degree. I honestly dont want to go back there, I feel like they are trying to **** me. She said once it dried they came back worse which is not possible..and plus if it was that bad she waited over a month to say anything. If she would have called right away with a problem..then yes I go and fix them, even a week or so after is fine. But over a month ?? No way...opinion ?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Look at it yourself, even though its your tech and you trust him, I'd make a decision after an onsite visit.

Is it possible that it could re-soil from the spotter? Sure it is, it may not have been flushed our enough and any residue left would attract soil.

5-Weeks seems like a long time but in a busy office they may have noticed it sooner but it wasn't a problem until it kept getting worse.

Go look at it and decide how much is your cleaning and how much is new spots if any. If it's as a result of not being flushed completely then I'd so a re-service at no charge. If I truly felt these were new spots I might do the cleaning at a reduced rate.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Thanks Doc, sometimes I react instead of respond which is why I check in here first before I do something when I get mad...I will probably just go rinse with an encap and it should be fine.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I would just go there and spray some encap and run over it with a bonnet on a 175 ( I would use my 360i with a bonnet on the driver). She will be thrilled. This is the perfect situation for encapping as you have already extracted.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
You could get away with encapping spots with a brush and towel. But you need to get a 175, bonnets, and some white pads. It's a lifesaver. On the bad ones just go over with a bonnet and a little encap and no back lines or spots.

Every cgd I do that's nasty I do this, no callbacks.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Most POGs are wet solvents that need to be rinsed out thoroughly with a dry (volatile) solvent like OMS. Formula 90 alone will not remove it.
The more generous the application of the POG, the worse.

Some newer POGs will be rinsed out with detergents.

Ron K

Everything above...but I would question why you, the owner /the boss/the guy ultimately responsible sends a "tech" out? That sends a bad message to the customer, in my opinion. If you go, you can handle or should be able to handle anything thrown at you....even saying to the customer here's your money back if I can't make you happy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom