Scam Offers to buy used equipment

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I received this email. Its the 2nd one I've gotten in a couple years.
How do I know its a scam? Its written to Sarai Vazquez! whoever that is.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: September-08-08 3:11 AM
To: gethappy@gethappy.ca
Subject: CMX 20 High Speed Rotary Extractor, Used for Sale

hello sarai vazquez
I am glad to read from you. Am okay with the price and condition .I really need to get this right away. i am ready to pay on time. No need of shipping it. i will like my shipper to schedule a pick up immediately you get the payment confirmed. I would have love to come for it or see it but i must let you know i am okay with it. i just want this as replacement.
I will offer you extra $100 to remove the ad from the posted site http://ecommerce1.securesites.com/store ... _Code=used to be sure you are selling this to me ok. I will be able to make payment in form of US Certified Cashiers Check that is payable in any American banks in us dollars . I will like you to let me have information of whom i should issue the payment to.
Such As :
*Full Name, Address and Working Phone no.*
So that ups can make delivery of the payment on time. I will also issue an excess fund with the payment so that when you get the payment, you will have to deduct your exact amount and wire out the excess to my shipper so that he can be able to make the pick up. I hope i can trust you with my money..
When its time for the pick up, You will have to let me know the exact time and day my shipper can make the pick up of this item ..
Your early response will be highly appreciated.
Regards

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I hope that wasn't the clue that it was a scam, if they had used your name would you have believed it????

Mike Draper

Happened to my friend in a car deal. My friend sent him his "excess" money back. The bank called my friend 3 days later and said the cashiers check was fake and now he owe's the bank an extra 3 grand. It's an old scam and the Cashiers checks are all fake, but the money you send back to them is real. Don't get screwed, it all going back to our friends in Nigeria. Send him an e-mail back telling him you will hunt him down a cut his nuts off if he ever sends you another e-mail.

G

I just got that one a month ago,when I sold an RX20,I just replied that I only do cash,that was that.

Kevin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was selling some stuff and got a scam letter. I gave him my billing address and he sent me a cashier's check or about 3000 bucks over what I was selling. Gave some BS excuse as to why. I called the bank on the check and they said it was counterfeit. I just wanted to see what happened.
He emailed me a couple of times to see what happened and I never got back to him.

I was supposed to ship the product and some of the money back to him.

Most websites that are used to sell stuff will warn you of things like this ahead of time.

Chris A

Name
Chris
That shits been around for a while, I almost fell for it... when I was 15!!! But wouldn't you think they'd figure out how to not type so, foreignly?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yes, they use the same wording and there are always spelling and grammer errors, not that carpet cleaners are the best at spelling and grammar, but most know how to use spell-check :)

I got one about a year ago and it was the same. I did reply and went with it but it wasn't the same as other requests I had received and they eventually wouldn't supply ME with the information I wanted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom