Scam or not?

Mikey P

Administrator
Just got this email..

Hello Good day,this is perry cole i would like to know if you do rug cleaning at the office and accept credit cards,fine actually am relocating from my old house from iowa down to your city and i would like to know how much will 10 x 14 rug cost for cleaning and actually i have 15 rugs of that, can you do the total calculation for the cleaning for the 15 rugs sized 2500 square feet,Okay basically am just moving in to CA and i am at the hospital right now because i was down with a diagnosis of cancer of the lungs as such i had to spend some time in the intensive care,so i want to do the cleaning arrangement for the rugs and after completing the payment with my credit card,the private delivery guy can have the rugs move down to your shop for the cleaning,Actually i wouldn't be able to do the delivery and pick up due to the nature of my illness but have made a booking with a private shipping guy that will be delivery the rugs to your end and pick its up after you have the cleaning done is that understood.waiting for your urgent respond.

Name
Ron lippold
scam mikey

I have been getting assistance call for the last 3 weeks from people wanting me to do the same thing. but when they ask if they can pay up front and i say no they hang up. run run run

Name
George Valliant
I received 3 calls from a relay service (for deaf people) that was almost identical.

I told him to fook off all 3 times.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Scam! :x

That's the same call, same story we got several weeks back.

Yep, relay service even called us back and said that someone from that number had been making scam calls and they would not trust them.

Name
George Valliant
The only thing I can think of is their fishing for carpet cleaners who do not accept credit cards so they can follow up with high pressure sales tactics to sell you credit card processing services.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not sure?

I figure he needs your bank info to pass on to the freight company, so that then he will only have to make one transaction on his credit card. ???

That guy sure moves a lot last month he was moving from Cali to Kansas. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I went through with it to see what would happen.
They sent me a cashiers check and wanted me to send them the balance after I took out my charges.
It was like $2000.00 back to them.

I knew it was a scram from the beginning but I did receive the check in the mail.
Called the bank and it was a counterfeit...which I figured.

I got a few more emails from the guy and I finally told him I knew what was up.
I was just having fun with the guy.

STEVEC

I have a customer that had the same thing happen. He was asked to pay for the delivery of the rugs and then he would get paid for the rug cleaning plus the delivery. SCAM

Scam

[iframe:2kr54n5t]http://www.ocibr.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=237[/iframe:2kr54n5t]

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Just another variation on the Nigerian e-mail scam. The E-mails are easy to ignore, but the TTY calls are wasting a resource reserved for people with hearing disabilities. Gotta be a law against that.

BTW, if you have multiple phone lines you'll get multiple calls. Since the person calling is reading a memorized script and doesn't understand English, telling them you'll report them has no impact.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
I got a similar email 2-3 weeks ago and deleted asap. He was moving to my town on that occasion from Ohio :lol:

Terry

Ron K

I told them Ken is having a 50% off sale on Rug Cleaning and I think they take CC's. :twisted:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It is fun to play with them. Have them Fed-EX overnight you the check. After you get it tell them your dog ate it and they need to send you another one. See how many you can get them to send you.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I got 6 calls in a row from the deaf calling service last week.

Starts with Do you clean area rugs? Do you accept credit cards?

Run!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom