Schematics for a Chemspec 494

I wish someone out there had schematics, flow charts, wiring diagrams, manuals, maintenance schedules....anything on this machine. I'm tired of taking everyone else's guess when i need something fixed. I could do this myself if someone would cough up the materials. someone has to know something....can you help.....can you really help? let me know .....and thanks for reading this.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Their manuals are about at vague as their support techs were and in many cases left crucial things out, didn't match updated parts/configurations, etc.

I can probably help you, I can almost guarantee it's the same set-up as my old 860 plumbing wise, just different motor, blower combo. I'd bet that 80-90% of the parts are identical throughout the entire line.

What are your main concerns with the TM? What do you need to know?

I can scan and e-mail some of the things you need, you can follow it on your TM, see if it matches - even if it's a little different, it's likely going to be close enough you'll be able to figure it out.

If it's a water cooled engine (almost positive it is) - They did a kohler 31, and a briggs 35 (45&47 blowers). If so, oil change and filter every 100hrs. Use synthetic.

If it has a direct drive hayes coupler, that needs service every 50 (let me know I'll explain it) - also you'll want to align the blower annually if it's a hayes coupled direct couple system.

Should have a parker valve, right rear, clean it every week, the jet and filter on the premix weekly as well, or get a softener, you'll be lucky if it needs service once every 3 months.

I believe they called for plugs every 500, wires every 1000.

If you have the reliefs before your waste tank filters and the cast 90 from the blower to the tank, change it STAT. Your relief should be behind the filters, and the cast 90's corroded and blew chunks through the blowers damaging them regularly.

I also might still have the parts list, 180/240/260 sensors, diverter actuator, APO, parker and mac valves, and a gob of other things.

Let me know what your after specifically - there's a lot you'll want to watch out for or change to keep that guy running right for the long haul.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom