SCHIEFFER solution hose - anyone use it

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I am in the market to replace my solution hoses. what is the best 1/4 hose I can use? I am running a vortex and run at 180 - 220 most of the time. my hoses are always hot as he**. I sometimes worry about floor damage but none so far. Most of the hose I am running now is GY Neptune. I have been looking into some hose in bulk from a car wash supplier cause I don’t fell like getting "Hosed" lol. $2.00 a foot is not what i want to pay lol. any input would be nice. and I will say in advance that I understand you get what you pay for but it seems that most suppliers equip. manufactures that cater to the carpet cleaner are just getting their stuff from carwash dist. in bulk and marketing it to us at a big markup anyway.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Marty said:
Bob, you agree with everybody, and John just wants to make a buck off me.

That's why I don't replace it often. 8)
Marty you don't buy from me so telling you to replace your hose serves me how? Ivebeensold

Bob Foster

So John with price not being the most important thing for choice of hose which is the best hose to buy?

For what it's worth I have been very happy with the hose I ordered from Interlink. It's their brand. The key is the bend restrictors. They don't melt to the hose. I have been on the same hose for three years, and I run high pressure and heat. I do not run live either. I keep 350' on my reel and on a lot of jobs all of it comes off. I have some new hose in the shed, but this hose is holding up just fine.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bob Foster said:
So John with price not being the most important thing for choice of hose which is the best hose to buy?

The hose your local (or favorite) supplier carries. Just like
everything else in the world one person likes vanilla and another likes rainbow sherbet. I have people that love hydroflex others Neptune and others Paraflex if it works for you then why change? I've never been a fan of chasing the newest fad just because. If you are not happy then change if your not having a problem them why risk having a problem by changing?

johndoe123

I buy my Parker from Joe as well. I pay the extra .75 because I like it, I think it is the best, and Joe delivers. I supply different hose on my store, because most cleaners don't want to pay Parker prices, and don't like it for whatever their reasons are. I live in warmer climate, so I guess I am in love with it. My previous Parker was the Greenie KMA that lasted 3 years. Joe is a good guy, and I have never had a shipping or order problem with him.

dday

Mikey P said:
...and IMO the Mytee cuffs are better in case you were wondering.

What is it about the Mytee cuffs that make them better? How are they different from Cool Cuffs?

Mikey P

Administrator
With the new rubber seal they stay together when rolling up the hose on my electric reel with iut the use if the annoying latch

And they're dirt cheap

hogjowl

Idiot™
That "annoying" latch has not been as annoying for me as it has been for one or two of our more vocal posters, but I concede that it could be an issue if you choose it to be. With that said, I would have a hard time trusting any cuff without a latch not to be a problem over time. The swivel cuffs can be, and I suspect the simple addition of a rubber seal may not be the panacea Satan says it is, but time will tell. I certainly am willing to keep an open mind, even considering the source of the praise. :shock:

Mikey P

Administrator
Considering that it is 10:30 AM on a Monday morning and here you sit posting on the Boards, I think it would be a safe guess that your Cuffs don't see a lot of abuse out in the field.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
They still have the oil plumes blobbing about, Marty? I was there last fall and got crapped on by several.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ya gots me, Art. I have been here since Friday and have not even been down to the beach once. From where I am sitting, I can't see any, but I am about 100 yards away.

PCCN

Sounds impressive but what about cost? I just repalced 175 section of GY blue hose for $225. Hard to beat that price and quality. Ifs the other comparable?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Albert;

The 3/16" ID hose is too small. Heat rating is the same.

You are losing a lot of pressure when flowing 2 GPM in the Turbo-H.

I tested this yesterday and yes, you do loose some pressure.
Hooked up a cobra with 3x 0502 jets. Lost about 200 psi more then the 1/4 parflex.
It's good to know but I'll keep the first 50' of 3/16". It's just a lot easier to manuever. If I find that I need the extra oomph on tile cleaning, I'll disconnect and start on the next piece which is 1/4".

thanks Larry,
Albert

PCCN

Totally Agree!

I'm Mr. Cheap but have learned many lessons over the last few years about Chinese products!

Found some fantastic prices on cell phone chargers, stylus's, earplugs, and accessories. ($2. chargers and $1.50 stylus) BUTTTTTTT, I sweat these things are worth negative $.50.

To saved tons of money on truck lettering I bought my own vinyl cutter off eBay. Brand new of course. BUT, had to wing it until I learned how to use it. TOTALLY all Chinese directions and instructions. Yes, they had tech support but I don't seem to speak Chinese very well.

Stick with American products if possible and at least you have some help behind you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom