Scotchguard, FourGuard, Maxim, Hardball, ETC ETC ETC???

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
which protector and why? What about dry times and recognition and ease of sale. Marketing materials etc.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
FourGuard..Does what it says and price per square is right on point. Whoever your buying it from should be making sure you have as many demo cards as you will ever need..

If price is a big selling point (for you) and you want stain protection and your not worried about spill protection then CTI's Protection is a good option as it is cheap to put down and will protect against staining nearly as good as anything else. If you want better stain protection move up to Stain Gaurdian Ultra (CTI) and offer a stain warranty.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
None of the well known names except Maxim Advanced offer acid dye resistors. That is what made Stain Master a big deal a few decades ago. The addition of acid dye stain blockers reduces the "beading up" effect. But when you can let the carpet sit in Kool Aid for as long as you want and then rinse all the color out, that is an impressive demo.

Maim can be diluted with only 2 gallons of water and still cover 1200 sq. ft. from a gallon of concentrate. Less water means the carpet dries faster.

Price is 4 cents a sq. ft. or less depending upon the quantities you purchase. So, it compares well with the nationally known brand names.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Scotchgard because people ask for it by name...I heard that somewhere. shiteatinggrin

Why not be "backed" by a national company that everyone recognizes?

For soil resistence...I love it.

tim

I like Maxim for the reason SW said. Dries faster, marketing brochures and demo kit sells 80 percent of the time. I used scotchguard for a while. Does have name recognition but cannot protect against acid based stains. The CTI Ultra uses so much water it takes forever to dry. Doesnt work for me as I dry before I leave

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I'm considering offering scotchguard because that's what all of my customers ask for. I like maxim because I have been led to believe it is superior and quick drying. If there was something that dried quicker I might consider it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve from Vacaway is letting my try out some new additive to Proxcellent that will be an acid dye blocker.
I'm not trying it out on customers yet. I'm just going to get some remnants and try it out.

I think....I don't know....that I will be able to use the additive for the acid dye blocker AND the Scotchard afterwards.

Anyone know anything about that?

I will ask Steve when he gets back into town as well but I know there are some chemists around here as well.

PS. I'm trying to get him to name it "BriOxcellent" because I inquired about such a product. He humored me and said it was my idea..

I just need recognition...that's all....is that so bad?? :|

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I use Hardballs solvent (citrus terpene) carrier and get great dry times 2 hr's or less with no fans. About 2.5 cents sf and Mike is a great guy and offers a warranty for your customer also.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
But isn't it bad to spray a bunch of citrus solvent in a house? What about my Guy's health.?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Brian R said:
PS. I'm trying to get him to name it "BriOxcellent" because I inquired about such a product. He humored me..

I just need recognition...that's all....is that so bad?? :|

Crikey mate, next thing, you'll want it in a shiny bottle to match your head. shiteatinggrin

And some of your ideas...... shiteatinggrin

Why not call it Robinsomes Wallet Extractor. :lol:

Sorry Brian, couldn't help myself. shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
:lol:

I gotta be me...I don't want a cut of the profits from sales of it or anything....I would be happy with my name on it somewhere. lol

I tried to get Maker to name some things after me that I thought up....Don't think it panned out. :cry:

My head is shiny from the steam that emanates from it because of the massive wheels churnin inside. !gotcha!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
scottw said:
None of the well known names except Maxim Advanced offer acid dye resistors. That is what made Stain Master a big deal a few decades ago. The addition of acid dye stain blockers reduces the "beading up" effect. But when you can let the carpet sit in Kool Aid for as long as you want and then rinse all the color out, that is an impressive demo.

Maim can be diluted with only 2 gallons of water and still cover 1200 sq. ft. from a gallon of concentrate. Less water means the carpet dries faster.

Price is 4 cents a sq. ft. or less depending upon the quantities you purchase. So, it compares well with the nationally known brand names.

Why do you keep saying that Scott? You know FourGuard has both acid dye blockers and floro-protector. MAxim is NOT the only one. Now Fourguard is the only one with the new Dupont capstone technology at least the only one I know of.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I won't use Scotchgard because of the safety to customers. Its still has some nasty warnings on the side of the bottle. I don't mind a warning that says do not drink or immerse your hand, but SG goes a little beyond that.

When clients ask about protectant I refer the SG name but only as one "brand", like Kleenex is one brand of facial tissue. Then I explain why I use Dupont or Maxim.

Name
Damon
For everyone:

What's your application method?

Do you just spray it on or spray and then groom it in?

I usually opt for the former.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Spray it on with my injection sprayer (the scotchgard bottle fits perfectly) and then groom it in.

With OP I have to groom anyway so I just slide in that extra step before the groom.

GCP

Brian R said:
Scotchgard because people ask for it by name...I heard that somewhere. shiteatinggrin

Why not be "backed" by a national company that everyone recognizes?

For soil resistence...I love it.

use scotchgard the NAME does wonders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom