Scrub and Vac

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Do you charge more for carpet you have to scrub or do you figure it in. As far as pre-vacing goes I always do it but I don't charge for it unless I have to get the shop vac out for excessive debris...Should I be? I see a lot of you charge per spot treatment as well.I generally will do1 red spot or what have you but after that I charge. I'm thinking I may be missing out here.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Our standard price for carpet cleaning included all that was necessary - furniture moving, pre vacuum, most stain removal, etc. When a carpet needed extra attention, I did charge more per sq. ft.. But I would never tell the customer. "I charged you and extra $50 because your place is nasty." Simply told them so many cents per sq. ft. and the total comes out to $ _____.

We did charge extra for pet urine stains and deodorization. For jobs we did on a contracted amount, apartments when they turned for example, we did charge extra for stain removal since they were getting a rate for just the basics.

Reactions: Soxpac

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
So if I want to charge per square foot, is that something I keep in my head or do I tell the custy that if they ask. I make a point to inspect every first timer also. I suppose if I have to run the 175, I'll figure it in

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You have a set amount you target per hour so if the job is going to take longer for whatever reason you need to charge more. It should affect the the sq/ft to take into account that extra time.

Whether you tell them why it's more or not as long as they have your bid ahead of time they can make an informed decision whether they want it done or not.

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Getting them to let me do an in home estimate is hit or miss but I always try. I appreciate the help guys. It's a work in progress

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have an ala service carte menu. I hand it to the client and they pick the services they want; Basic service is HWE all the rest is more $$ per the client's choice. Deo, rotary scrubbing, red removal, allergy treatment, furniture, tile, protector etc... Clients love it. It puts them in control. It's familiar to them because it is like when they go to a restaurant. They get a basic entre and then the appetizer, drink (or a bunch of drinks), desert etc is up to them.

Last edited:

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have an ala service carte menu. I hand it to the client and they pick the services they want; Basic service is HWE all the rest is more $$ per the client's choice. Deo, rotary scrubbing, red removal, allergy treatment, furniture, tile, protector etc... Clients love it. It puts them in control. It's familiar to them because it is like when they go to a restaurant. They get a basic entre and then the appetizer, drink , desert etc is up to them.

That's a really good idea

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom