Scrubbing a rubber floor

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have a commercial job that I have to do that they want this rubber floor scrubbed.

Will a red pad be too aggresive?

what would you guys use?

Thanks,
Keith

Name
Lee Stockwell
We've done several in daycares and gyms. Easy does it on the "scrubbing". Usually spray and extract, depending on several factors.

Thanks,
Lee

Name
Lee Stockwell
Not all "rubber" floors are the same. Some are more akin to VCT with a knobby face, others share characteristics of agricultural matting used in horse trailers or heavy foam. Some of the latter can be damaged very quickly by most rotary equipment.

The level and nature of the soiling is also a factor, along with subfloor type and installation quality...

Able 1

Name
Keith
This stuff is in a store at he mall, bumpy texture but little bumps (not uniform) and speratic and close together. I was just worried about scratching it with the scrubber. I estimated this one high to buy a scrubber but if i don't need one that is good with me!

Thanks,
Keith

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You might have already done this and if you haven't I know this might be a pain in the rear, but why not try finding out who manufactured the floor you are bidding on. Each Company usually has pretty stringent care guidlines, especielly for Commercial Flooring, plus they may have suggestions such as if it is to be scrubbed, which pads or brush sets work best.

just my 2 cents but it would be well worth the time spent investigating versus asking our opinion on an unseen floor, or using a product or procerss that could potentially ruin the floor. :|

Name
Lee Stockwell
Pads may be messy, getting torn up by the bumps, and miss low spots. Get a brush for your buffer, or borrow one.

A foam squeegee will be very good.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Good call i'll look into it! Just figured somebody would know.

Thanks,
Keith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom