Scrubbing carpet with tampico brush & swing machine.....

BUSY BEE

....does anyone use this method after prespraying to agitate/scrub the carpet?
I use my floor machine with stiff nylon bristles on the apartment/rentals, but it may be too aggressive for residential, so I'm looking at a tampico brush. I don't believe in the RX-20 and use this method, I'm curious how the tampico bristles hold up on carpet.
Thanks, Bill

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Is this the kind that you have used? I was thinking of getting one and thought it would be acceptable for most residential, especialy Olephin. Of course only for the real nasty ones. But mabey I should go for something softer on Residential.....

rotary_carpet_brush_lg.jpg

http://www.cleanfreak.com/Qstore/p001094.htm

BUSY BEE

tman7 said:
Is this the kind that you have used? I was thinking of getting one and thought it would be acceptable for most residential, especialy Olephin. Of course only for the real nasty ones. But mabey I should go for something softer on Residential.....

rotary_carpet_brush_lg.jpg

http://www.cleanfreak.com/Qstore/p001094.htm
I don't have that one, looks interesting being that it has 2 different types of bristles though. I don't know the exact type or name of mine. The nylon bristles aren't super stiff, they have some flex, but could do some damage on certain residential carpets. Works great on olefin, gotta kinda lean into the machine with yer hip to keep it steady, but that beats scrubbing forever with a wand. But a Tampico is soft, ideal for certain residential carpet, just not sure how the bristles will hold up.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bill;

A Nylon brush should work fine for residential carpet.

I've cleaned many of them with a fairly stiff nylon rotary brush.

Make sure the carpet has solution on it.

Larry

CleanFreak.com

Supportive Member
Name
CleanFreak.com
A tampico brush would work, but it definitely would not stand as well as this carpet brush. You would definitely want to break the carpet brush in before using on residential carpeting. A good method to break these carpet brushes in is to run them for 10 minutes on cement before using on carpets. This will help to "tip" the brstles outwards, as well grounding any possible burrs off the ends of the bristles which may have been created during the manufacturing process.

BUSY BEE

Thanks guys.
I'll stay with the one I have and see how it goes on the next residential.
Bill

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Isn't the middle part of that brush adjustable to create more or less agitation?

I used to have one where you raise the bulb up and down and worked really well.

That was a Chem-Dry brush.

CleanFreak.com

Supportive Member
Name
CleanFreak.com
Brian Robison said:
Isn't the middle part of that brush adjustable to create more or less agitation?

I used to have one where you raise the bulb up and down and worked really well.

That was a Chem-Dry brush.

Brian,

You are correct. It is an adjust-a-glide riser in the center there, so you can adjust the agitation. You can also raise it as the bristles start to wear down.

Thanks,
Tim

Back
Top Bottom