scrubbing grout

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I used to always scrub the grout lines with a brush before using the spinner, that's how I was taught, until I talked with the guy who invented the turbo thingy, he said to just apply cleaner and let dwell, don't let the solution dry and then clean away. It's been working like a charm, I can't believe how much time I wasted scrubbing grout. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has been scrubbing away.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
if it is lightly discolored i will just lay down solution, let dwell and hit with turbo. if it is very soiled and dark i will scrubb solution in. most of the time when we are going to seal the floor we will scrubb regardless of what condition grout is in.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I've only tried 3 different cleaners, BP Viper Venom, O2, and Prochems Professional Tile and Grout Cleaner. IMO, the
venom sucked, the O2 was ok, but Prochems worked the best for me, however the dilution sucks, doesn't take long and the gallon is gone. I wish the O2 worked better, maybe I need to experiment more.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Try cobbs powermax use it for carpet and grout...or try oxyblaster from magicwand

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Try Stonetech. I think it works better than all the rest, although Prochem is a close second. I still scrub the bad areas though. The few times that I did not I felt it could have come cleaner and did it again.

Name
Ron lippold
this is with judson mixed at 2 oz per gallon with no scrubbing and 15 min dwell. And remenber when doing a demo always do it where they have o look at it everyday.
Picture317.jpg

after
Picture318.jpg

jimmyolas

we always scrub the tile and grout here in San diego
at minimum we scrub the dirty grout with a grout brush,
but most often we clean the tile and stone with a cimex scrubbing machine
then steam clean the stone.I find in nasty kitchen areas we have to do grout brush and
machine scrub the grout.

jimmy

http://www.866fixflood.com/tile-and...-carlsbadtravertinecleaninf-stone-polish.html

http://www.silverolas.com/tile-a-stone.html

cleaning tile and stone in oceanside, carslbad, vista , encinitas, carmel valley

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
What psi is everyone cleaning with to not scrub the grout?

I clean with 600 to 700 psi. I like to go higher but my machine is only rated for 1000 psi and every time I go over 700 things start to break.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
chemical injection goes first then the pressure regulator starts leaking. When I was running at 900 hoses were breaking all the time, just got old.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom