Sealer application

Name
Sonny Winters
What is an easy way to apply sealer to both aggregate concrete and 1" ceramic tile ?
Apply with a sprayer and mop off the excess?

What should be done if the sealer pools up on the aggregate flooring?

Thanks

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I would apply with a flat microfiber mop, similar to waxing. I would think that if you sprayed on you would be frustrated with all the mopping to get it mopped up evenly.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler
Name
Sonny Winters
Not sure yet as to which product. Using a flat mop sounds like a great idea on the flat ceramic tile and grout. But the exposed aggregate concrete is very rough and bumpy. Not sure as to how to apply it to that.

Mikey P

Administrator
Sonny have you tried Larry Cobb's Ultra Seal?

Its a good impregnator that is by far the easiest product to work with. Literally just mop and go. Two coats if needed. No need to clean up the excess as it evaporates completely.

At $34 a gallon you can make great profit at .30 a foot. Labor is almost nothing.

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
Many different products and techniques to sealing- Thats looks like quarry tile in the video. Most terracotta tiles are coated with topicals.
Its only the grout lines that are being effected .

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Sonny have you tried Larry Cobb's Ultra Seal?

Its a good impregnator that is by far the easiest product to work with. Literally just mop and go. Two coats if needed. No need to clean up the excess as it evaporates completely.

At $34 a gallon you can make great profit at .30 a foot. Labor is almost nothing.

Why does ultra seal still allow water thru after 5,6,7 coats? I thought sealers were to keep da wada out? Maybe it's designed to work better on stone.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ultraseal Impregnator does not let water through after spraying.

assuming that you have a clean surface to begin with.

This porous limestone was treated with one coat :
( Grape Juice, Orange Juice & Coffee )
lime.jpg

Reactions: CFM Carpet Cleaners
Name
cameron demille
Ultraseal Impregnator does not let water through after spraying.

assuming that you have a clean surface to begin with.

This porous limestone was treated with one coat :
( Grape Juice, Orange Juice & Coffee )
View attachment 11190

I'm not trying to be a dick, but that is crosscut travertine, which is pretty dense when compared to a sedimentary limestone. Travertine isn't that porous, despite popular belief, and usually won't even stain when polished. Night and day different from commonly used limestones like Jura Gray, Jura Beige, Beaumaniere, Crema Europa, etc. Not to say that the sealer doesn't work, I haven't tried it, but I think you would find a significant difference when sealing travertine vs. some of the limestone listed.

Name
cameron demille
Except that Travertine is also a type of Limestone.

So is marble, so is compact limestone, so is dolomitic limestone, so is dolomitic marble. They all start as limestone, but pure sedimentary limestone is a completely different animal and not comparable in terms of porosity, to its metamorphic relatives. Being a "type of limestone" doesn't really matter here.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Yup travertine

The better question, after you wipe the spills, did it etch ?

The answer will be yes.

The real question is it buys any time before it etches....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom