Sealing edges on seams, bonded inserts or whatever needs it

Stevea

I thought it might be good to show some seam sealing with the lower temp Kool Glide glue sticks. I am always an advocate of sealing edges on grafting, bonded inserts or what ever I am working on. I thought this little clip might help with two different ways of sealing edges. The Principle of what is being done here is the point being made. If you take this and apply it to the repairs you make, you should have a very tight repair and one that will not come apart.
I have always used glue guns to seal in my edges on almost everything, now with the great glue sticks from Kool Glide, it allows one to do so almost without effort. This works with just making a seam, grafting, bonded inserts, fractured seams and on & on.

This also melts when the Kool Glide is used afterwards and then everything is fused together. With the ability to have a variety of glue guns, high performance electric, air driven glue guns and even butane powered as well as a variety of tips to go on the guns, we should be able to perform very well.

I hope this helps all that watch it and if there are questions I will try to explain. Use the principles of what is show and apply it to your repairs and they will never come apart.

th_koolglideseamsealerglue.jpg

Hope this helps and makes some sense.

SA

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hey Steve,

very informative thanks.

I called my KG agent and they don't know anything about it.

I'll email you direct and get a few bits and pieces sent over.

It looks like you had your KG on a remote for the power on/off? sasves getting up and down or leaving it going all the time.

John

Stevea

John,

Whatever I can help with let me know. I read in one of your other posts that your glue gun was only 40 watts or so???? If you were to get a higher wattage gun or even a butane one, I am sure you would be very impressed with what you could do with it.

Actually, the remote is for my camera not the Kool Glide.

The adhesive is very user friendly and melts very easily and flows very well.

SA

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Nice demo Steve ,
This is what I been saying all along. :lol: I told John he needs a glue gun with better watts 80 to 100. That was what I was saying about the cool glide put a bead of sealer as you would a glue. That method Steve showed it the absolute best for seam peaking today. If the backing is more porous than I will switch to regular seam more adhesive and the seamer down now same method.

Stevea

Charles,

It is made by the Kool Glide people, it is the same glue and compatible with the tape. Very easy to use and very user friendly. As shown, if you seal with hot melt, your stuff will not come apart. As can be shown in the clip, sealing edges by itself is pretty strong, this will usually hold what we would need but the addition of the Kool Glide tape and the heat it puts off will mold the donor pieces together and allows for the hold we want and need. I have been using hot melt for seam sealing for the last 20 years or so, I very rarely to never use liquid seam sealer. There are a variety of glue stick combinations and various strengths and types depending upon what material one uses. The nice thing about the Kool Glide glue is it even works great for holding tackless to the flooring.
The Kool Glide also is being used to install wood flooring as well as ceramic tile. What we have and can use is very versitile. When we use it for carpet we have a great combination to do a lot of interesting repairs

If anyone needs any help with supplies, let me know.

SA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom