Sealing the grout lines on that inch by inch tile

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Any tips???

I have heard to just pour some out, and use a squeege to spread it around, into the grout lines...

just a neoprene work well here??

planning on a waterbased, so i dont have to wait for every freaking grout line to dry...

what to use to buff off the residue...white pad? bonnet??

and like i said...any other tips

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I prefer the moss rubber squeegee to do this type of work. Agree that the white pad will buff it off. Give it 5 or 10 minutes to it is partially dry, but buffs easier if it is not completely dry.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We pour on the ground and then use a flat microfiber to spread it all over. Make sure the flat mop has a good amount if sealer so when you go over the grout line it deposits a nice amount in the channel.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I prefer the moss rubber squeegee to do this type of work. Agree that the white pad will buff it off. Give it 5 or 10 minutes to it is partially dry, but buffs easier if it is not completely dry.

isnt that the black one thats about 1/2 think, and folded over??? well not always folded

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
isnt that the black one thats about 1/2 think, and folded over??? well not always folded

Yes, usually black and about 1/4" thick of small cell foam. It helps absorb some sealer from the tile and push it into the grout lines, especially if the tile surface is uneven, textured, embossed. The thin squeegee can skip over those uneven surfaces.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I've only had one like that. It was a really dated house with inch tile on the bathroom floor. Beautiful shape, just needed cleaning and customer wanted sealer. I sprayed on Magic Wand's solvent base and squeeged everything. Dried with no residue on top the tiles.

Back
Top Bottom